Need some help?

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Hakaman wrote:Just got off the ph with S&W, and they took all the info. Just as BE said, they need the gun to fit the barrel. A plus about this, they check the whole gun out. A negative about this, got to send the gun in for a couple weeks. I guess it will give me time to get acquainted with my Glock.
H (nothing ever goes right for me) :(
My M&P shot left out of the box. After I figured out it wasn't me, I emailed them with a description of the problem. It took 7 days ship-to-receive for the pistol to make the round trip. Any shooting off the target after that was me.

I also called them about repair parts for my 22A. They wouldn't get past me sending it in. Took about 3 weeks.

My S&W experiences have been pretty good, if sending a gun back for repairs is good.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Some News:
Here is a reply to my email to S&W:
Subject: RE: M&P Pro 9mm barrel problem

thomas -i dont mind getting you a new barrel but the old one has to come in first
call customer service 800-331-0852

To tell you the truth, I am surprised at the fact that all's I have to do is send in the barrel to get a new one. That's fine with me, because I know a gunsmith who will look at it.
For now, Glockalong

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Give them a call and see what they say. It just goes to say, "You won't get anything if you don't ask first, the worst they can say is No but sometimes they will say Yes." They do want you to be a happy customer.

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Give them a call and see what they say. It just goes to say, "You won't get anything if you don't ask first, the worst they can say is No but sometimes they will say Yes." They do want you to be a happy customer.
R,
Bullseye
After a talk with cust serv, they told me if I wanted to send just the barrel in, that was ok. But they suggested sending the whole gun so that the barrel could be fitted properly. So that's what I did, as of Wed evening, the gun is on it's way to S&W. I expect them to get it back to me prudently, like they did my 686. The 686 is one of fav's, maybe the m&P will join it.
Glockalong

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:53 pm

I agree with your decision 100%. Do it right the first time.

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Wed evening, the gun is on it's way to S&W.
Delivered to S&W
Jan 8, 2010 9:36 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the gun was back to me sometime next week. Any guess'? Bad part is that I have to be here to sign for it.
G/H

HEADKNOCKER
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by HEADKNOCKER » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:34 pm

S&W Took 35 days to do the fireing pin recall on my 4" 686 No Dash & when I called they weren't sure were the gun was but said that the FP recall was finished & was sent upstairs..
They had sent the revolver upstairs to have the endshake repaired, they stretched the yolk & had the endshake to almost zero.. A Good Thing..
Hopefully they won't take too long with your M&P but I wouldn't hold my breath..
I sold that revolver the week I got it back from them BTW..
Keep on them..
Good Luck!!

BTW I still have two Centennials S&Ws that are my #1 Carry pieces. Models 940 & 642/942 w/9mm convertion cylinder..
Gary

lund329

Post by lund329 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Hey to Hakaman...
Sorry to hear about your issue and this doesn't address it but how did you take those pictures of the rifling of your bore? Did you just use a point and shoot digital camera set on macro? I'm impressed on how they came out in order to show us... Good luck on your M&P pistola BTW.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:27 pm

lund329 wrote:Hey to Hakaman...
Sorry to hear about your issue and this doesn't address it but how did you take those pictures of the rifling of your bore? Did you just use a point and shoot digital camera set on macro? I'm impressed on how they came out in order to show us... Good luck on your M&P pistola BTW.
The way I do it may be different then the way they others do it. First, in order to take a picture of anything, it must be illuminated somehow. Either by a flash(not in this case, though), or by some ambient light. With these photos, I held the barrel end up to a light source(bulb) with one hand, and took the picture with my point and shoot camera with my other hand. I had the camera set on "macro" (close in shots), and had to have a very steady hand at just the right distance. I find the "flash" to be way to overwhelming for situations like this, and use other sources of light to illuminate the subject. The pictures actually came out better then what I thought was possible with a p&s camera, though it took several attempts to get a satisfying photo. Then comes photo finishing with "Windows Office Picture Manager" where you can crop, and color finish as you please. There are several programs that photo finish for you, many included with your computor. I have an account with "Photo Bucket" as well, and they provide photo finishing in their program. You can add text to a photo, as you see I have done, and do many corrections to your photos also. It all seems a little complex at first, but it really isn't. It is a lot of "trial and error". Even professional photographers will say, they take a thousand photos to get the "one" they like.
Thanks lund, good luck, Haka

lund329

Post by lund329 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Thank you Haka! BTW, I remember in another thread that your favorite pistol currently was your S&W 686 6". I just got a 686 plus only in 3". It'll be for CCW when I want a revolver not carry the full size M1911. I haven't gotten to "play" with it much yet but it's my first "stubby". I'm currently "bonding" with it at the moment... NOBODY tell the wife....! I'm still currently homing in on another programming job but I swear it was talking to me from under the glass... Great pics though... It made me get out all of my pistols and take a closer look see.