BEEMAN P1 Question For BULLSEYE

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

BEEMAN P1 Question For BULLSEYE

Post by KAZ » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:49 am

On one of the AG forums a member had an incident where after cocking (holding P1 with his right hand)he was loading a pellet with his left hand and the barrel slammed shut leaving an intact, but black finger nail. He further states that he has not adjusted the trigger from stock on a fairly new pistol. Now, I don't know this person and for all I know he accidentally pulled the trigger. Bullseye, have you ever had yours release like this with the sear failing for no apparent reason? I load mine holding on to the grip with my right hand and inserting the pellet with my left making sure to practice the time honored rule of trigger finger not in the trigger guard until I'm ready to fire. Now, I have without meaning to engaged the safety which is right there in front of the guard. Should I be engaging the safety before I start the cocking procedure, and would having the safety engaged have prevented the barrel slamming down? Regards[/list]
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:42 pm

I have never had any issues with cocking or barrel slamming with my P1. I've had that air pistol for over fifteen years and shot thousands of pellets through it. I'm betting that fellow had an inadvertent trigger activation, perhaps by a loose article of clothing or something like that. The spring is quite strong and even I have to use my knee to help with some leverage on the pistol. He probably didn't activate the trigger with his finger but something else did.

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:36 pm

Thanks Bullseye, thats what I thought. The other thing is that I observed loading mine several times and with the pellet loading going on at the top of the barrel I believe that even if the sear were tripped it would sweep my fingers aside long before they were impacted :lol: Actually it seems less likely to be a Beartrap than many of the other designs. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association