the "list"

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

the "list"

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:19 pm

I think for many of us don't live the "money is no option" lifestyle with seemingly unlimited funds at our disposal for necessities like, guns and ammo, and things like rent, bills, and things for the kids (diaper, braces, clothes, toys, etc.) get in the way of our fun money. I have a list of guns I would like to have but just can't justify their purchase to SWMBO, or me really. that list is ever expanding and changing depending on the mood I am in when i walk through my LGS. what is your "money is no option" wish list?

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: the "list"

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:I think for many of us don't live the "money is no option" lifestyle with seemingly unlimited funds at our disposal for nessicities like, guns and ammo, and things like rent, bills, and things for the kids (diaper, braces, clothes, toys, etc.) get in the way of our fun money. I have a list of guns I would like to have but just can't justify their purchase to SWMBO, or me really. that list is ever expanding and changing depending on the mood I am in when i walk through my LGS. what is your "money is no option" wish list?
Send that list to the Big Greener and ask his blessings?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:54 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:I think for many of us don't live the "money is no option" lifestyle with seemingly unlimited funds at our disposal for nessicities like, guns and ammo, and things like rent, bills, and things for the kids (diaper, braces, clothes, toys, etc.) get in the way of our fun money. I have a list of guns I would like to have but just can't justify their purchase to SWMBO, or me really. that list is ever expanding and changing depending on the mood I am in when i walk through my LGS. what is your "money is no option" wish list?
A "Dear Greener" list instead of "Dear Santa"......might be a good idea.. 8)

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:55 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
A "Dear Greener" list instead of "Dear Santa"......might be a good idea.. 8)
Worth a try, you know how he likes to buy guns, but he may just keep them for himself?

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:01 pm

It probably isn't going to happen, but...
1. another pre-war Colt Woodsman (mine is lonesome)
2. Fox 12ga SxS
3. whatever else happens to strike my fancy on any given day.

My wants are pretty simple, but still more complicated than my retiredment budget. :D

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Medicine Hat wrote:It probably isn't going to happen, but...
2. Fox 12ga SxS
3. whatever else happens to strike my fancy on any given day.

My wants are pretty simple, but still more complicated than my retiredment budget. :D
fox model b 12 sxs? I've handled a few and those are nice a good SxS os on my list too.

I'd like to get
1) Springfield m1a scout squad,
2) walther p38 ( I just like them I do not know why)
3) a good SxS
4) whatever else happens to strike my fancy on any given day.

I just can't justify spending the $$ to swmbo right now, got a few other priorities right now

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 pm

It's sort of funny how Greener gets singled out here. If I had to guess, I don't think he has a list. If he wants it, he just "buys it" !
Haka

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:22 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:
Medicine Hat wrote:It probably isn't going to happen, but...
2. Fox 12ga SxS
. :D
fox model b 12 sxs? I've handled a few and those are nice a good SxS os on my list too.

I'd like to get
1) Springfield m1a scout squad,
2) walther p38 ( I just like them I do not know why)
3) a good SxS
4) whatever else happens to strike my fancy on any given day.
I just can't justify spending the $$ to swmbo right now, got a few other priorities right now
begreenea3- I have a Fox-B in 12ga. I was thinking more on the lines of a fox sterlingworth. :D

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:00 am

Haka, he tends to buy what he wants when he finds a good deal... he never really busts the checkbook on things.

Medicine hat, very nice!

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

re: begreenea3

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:32 am

Thanks, If one Fox is good, 2 just plain HAS to be better.
The one I have is not for sale, trade. It has a home as long as I'm alive.
I was just thinking (rare occurrance). There is really nothing in the safe that I would care to part with.
Keep on Keepin' on.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:52 am

I seem to recall a wise old man who once said that not only you can't take it with you, you can't even send it on ahead. (Or was that his very wise yellow-haired partner?)

I'm not sure how I became the model of gun buying, but it is amazing how much extra laying around when you don't have car payments and you aren't doing 3 packs/day. Also, I'm not cornering the market on one-ragged-hole .22 rifles like some folks. yet

Wish list:
Colt Woodsman: Loved my brother-in-law's Woodsman when I fired it it the early '70's. Didn't think I could afford the <$100 price for one way back then. His is in his hall closet, <1000 rounds fired, in the box, with papers, not for sale.

S&W M41: Loved every one I've fired

.44 Mag Can't decide on M29 or M629 or SBH. Also, I've got a BH in .45 colt, which cools my jets a bit for .44 mag.

K22 or M17 4" or 6"

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:24 am

greener wrote:I seem to recall a wise old man who once said that not only you can't take it with you, you can't even send it on ahead.
I understand that saying is true and I am a firm believer in. All that stuff I have been saving for my old age, I am using. Don't have the market cornered on accurate .22 long guns, but I am working on it. I am specializing in the low cost readily available guns, nothing in the price range of a Remmie 40X, but you can put one of them on your list for me and the Bear. Another old saying I believe in is" never pick a fight with an old man, he can't run or fight or take a butt kicking and he will just shoot you, and knowing the way he shoots, you will never tell any one about it"

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:50 am

Gatling gun

Everything else is at a distant combined second place on the "money is no object list"

It wouldn't even matter if the Gatling gun was just in .22lr, there are actual current production ones made in .22 right now and the moment I win the lottery I'll be buying one.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:03 am

For the most part, I feel I have a "satisfying complement of guns. I pretty much have what I want, pretty much !
There's always room for "new friends", if you know what I mean. I have 10 hg's right now,
and though about selling a couple of them, but each one serves a purpose in the hobby.
If I had the opportunity, and the time was right, here is a wish list (fantasy list):

Smith and Wesson 629CL Classic 44Mag, 6.5 Inch
http://www.impactguns.com/store/022188636383.html

Benelli Legacy 12 semi auto
http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_legacy.php

Kimber Ultra TLE ll
http://www.kimberamerica.com/products/p ... tratle_II/

Haka

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:53 am

Well, as much as I've enjoyed shooting my suppressed 22LR rifles and pistols I would put some suppressed centerfires on my list:
Remington 700 308 with Yankee Hill suppressor ($200 just for the TAX Stamp)
1911 45ACP Suppressed (another $200 tax stamp)
AR 15 Suppressed (yet another $200 tax stamp)
Sig 226 Suppressed (yes, another $200 tax stamp)
Lots of subsonic ammo :D
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association