Real Estate for sale!

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:15 pm

99/100 wrote:The difference between Bosnia and Detroit is that someone is trying to rebuild Bosnia.
We are trying to clear our parents house in Lansing and every time I go back to the "peoples democratic republic of Michigan" it's more depressing
it'll be interesting to see what the "tough nerd" our republican new Gov does......

greener

Post by greener » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:52 pm

There used to be places in DeRiot City that were pretty good and pretty safe. The mob kept them that way.

Haka,

You need to keep contributing to the social security ponzi scheme as long as possible. How else are us old folks going to continue to live in luxury?

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Right. Keep working. :lol:
I'm getting older, I'm living (I think). so 2 out of three isn't bad. Maybe if some of the young folks work hard, make lots of money, the **&^% Soc. Sec. folks would actually let us have just a part (at least) of the COL raise we aren't getting again. Don't know where they got their information to cancel it again (Congress got a raise though), but if they think my cost of living hasn't risen, maybe they need glass navels so they can see out. :evil:

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:32 pm

bearandoldman wrote:I thought that was an open shooting area now, just targets of opportunity.
No, that's the two-way range.

I'm talking about buying a couple square blocks and making a one-way range with a clubhouse for forum members.

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:20 am

All the $$ the govt spent to build MOUT facilities and they had them ready made. I'm sure there are some commercial structures where you could set up indoor 100M lanes. Of course by the time you comply with all the MI regulations it's easier to just walk out in the woods........

greener

Post by greener » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:55 am

MOUT training where they might shoot back would be realistic. :lol:

Top large city's for total violent crime 2009

St. Louis
Detroit
Memphis
Oakland
Baltimore

Chicago doesn't publish statistics the same way the rest do.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:34 am

Saw this somewhere in a lost of worst crime statistic and Michigan had 4 of the top10, and guess which one was on top, Saginaw, and where do I live? No wonder I carry a gun/\.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:21 pm

must've been tough to beat out Flint....Congradulations! :wave:

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:43 pm

In the late 80's I was an Army recruiter detailed to Saginaw. fortunately I was protected by"Airbornism" as I made my "house calls" (Airbornism: the false belief that those wings will keep you warm, dry and alive) it was bad then and I haven't been back since

greener

Post by greener » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:48 pm

99/100 wrote:In the late 80's I was an Army recruiter detailed to Saginaw. fortunately I was protected by"Airbornism" as I made my "house calls" (Airbornism: the false belief that those wings will keep you warm, dry and alive) it was bad then and I haven't been back since
I've noticed the sense of invulnerability one gets from jumping out of perfectly good air planes. :lol:

My reserve unit had artillery batteries in that area. Never had a problem do staff visits. Never got the advice I got on my first trip to the battery in Gary, IN. "Take a brief case." Why? "How else are your going to carry your pistol?"

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Saginaw, isn't that the same as Flint? Michigan is the Great Lake State, sounds so pleasant.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Hakaman, move to the west side, life is much better over here......the detroit area is totally different than the rest of the state.
Don't judge Michigan on detroit....

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:24 pm

greener wrote:
99/100 wrote:In the late 80's I was an Army recruiter detailed to Saginaw. fortunately I was protected by"Airbornism" as I made my "house calls" (Airbornism: the false belief that those wings will keep you warm, dry and alive) it was bad then and I haven't been back since
I've noticed the sense of invulnerability one gets from jumping out of perfectly good air planes. :lol:

My reserve unit had artillery batteries in that area. Never had a problem do staff visits. Never got the advice I got on my first trip to the battery in Gary, IN. "Take a brief case." Why? "How else are your going to carry your pistol?"
It is kinda all over,. Shortly before I retired I did a staff visit in Warren OH. The CW4 asked where I was staying and when I told him he asked if I was "packin", I changed hotels.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Hakaman, move to the west side, life is much better over here......the detroit area is totally different than the rest of the state.
Don't judge Michigan on detroit....
Yes, Michigan has many beautiful aspects to it. I remember all the camping I have done with my family growing up. We use to camp 3-4 times per year. Interlochen State Park(Duck lake, Green lake), and we used to camp in Wixom, and Camp Dearborn. I even camped in a tent with my buddy back when I was 17yo in the UP, and hiked from Mirror lake to Lake of the Clouds. Michigan does have a lot to offer. It was so much different back then, you never worried too much about bad things happening. I guess I've lived so long near detroit that it's pretty much what I see in Michigan. Detroit has been run into the ground though. I have noticed, on my way to work, so many burnt out, boarded up, abandoned buildings that it made my jaw drop. The economy is really keeing it down.
Last time I checked, this was still available for purchase! Any takers?

Haka

greener

Post by greener » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Michigan has some absolutely great places. I particularly liked being on any of a number of lakes and watching the sun rise. Absolutely gorgeous in the fall....as long as you dodge the duck and goose hunters. :lol:

Some places I would just like to avoid any time.