Road Rage

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:42 pm

thats true BAOM, I find it funny when I hear a news story of a event that I was at or know the folks involved in, and hear how far off of what really happened the news is.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm

IF there was a ramming of the Mustang by the Blue truck the police would have hooked up the blue truck guy for assault w/ a deadly weapon (the truck) or a similar type of crime. I'm guessing since no arrest was made the mustang driver was the rammer and the pick up driver the rammee.
Good logic, coming from a leo.
Haka

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Update

Post by KAZ » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Perhaps confirming some of bgreen's thoughts the blue truck's(gun fight winner) attorney has said the the white mustang (deceased) fired one shot at blue truck and blue truck defended himself successfully. Still no charges yet. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

greener

Post by greener » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:19 pm

If white mustang fired a shoot then blue truck would seem to have a good case for self-defense. I leave that legal decision to bgreene.

Are any of the TX legal types questioning why blue truck didn't decide discretion was the better part of valor and try to be somewhere else, or was he prevented?

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:45 pm

The only media has been white mustang's girl friend's comment the day of incident, and the guy's(blue truck) attorney today. Texas law is heavy on self defense for imminent danger to ones life, but also the "what would a reasonable person do" If, you chase someone down when you could stop the threat by escaping I'm sure that would be a problem unless you were in your home where all bets are off. Regards

greener

Post by greener » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 pm

As an all-pro Monday morning quarterback headed for the Hall of Fame, it seems that blue truck was edging a bit for a fight. Of course, the one time I was in a serious road rage incident and did my best to avoid (call running) an altercation, the only thing that convinced the other guy to stop was a cocked .38 pointed at him when he tried to run me off the road the third time.

From what I've read, I'd have to vote self-defense for blue truck.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 pm

When you see/hear what a LEO on duty forced to use a weapon in a righteous shooting goes through it is clear that any of us had better for sure be in peril of our life before resulting to deadly force. Just being angered will not stand as justified. There is no doubt in my mind that the GJ will indite, and soon. Both actors had many chances to cuss/rude jester each other and drive on. There will be no winners to be found. Regards

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:22 pm

most of the time the worst part of the post shooting part for cops is not getting cleared by the dept or prosecutors office it is the CIVIL actions that follow after all that. they bring in all of your past qualification shoots, training, use of force incidents/complaints, and drag you through the mud to prove that the "alter boy " (bad guy) that was shot was in the right and you were in the wrong.

-John Wayne

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Update 2

Post by KAZ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:18 am

The blue truck shooter surrendered himself yesterday at 5:00PM along with his attorney. He has been charged with 1ST Degree Murder and is out on bail.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:18 pm

huh.... 1st degree up here entails laying in wait or premeditation....this seams more like a heat of the moment thing, unless there was a history between the two. is it paul harvey who says "...and now for the rest of the story..."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:33 pm

"Charged with" and "convicted of" are two different things. Perhaps there's more involved here in this incident than we are privy to; obviously the DA figures there's enough evidence to get a grand jury to indite Mr. Blue truck driver.

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I'm pleased to say that other than as a jury member I don't know how things progress, but it seems that this was presented to the Grand Jury on a fast track and they did indite. As bgreen said there must be a lot more to the story.

greener

Post by greener » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:50 pm

More to the story or if they do the grand jury bit, does it limit any future liability?

We've had a couple of questionable shootings. One was a fast food robbery and the perp was shot leaving the store by an employee. Another was a guy who shot someone robbing his girlfriend's car. In both, the shooter was charged and then released by the grand jury, IIRC. In any event both got off.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Attorney has said that deceased shot at his client first, and witnesses will so testify. Seems no gun shot residue found on deceased. Attorney says that with an automatic the residue going out the top of the action explains that. Interesting, If I were in that terrible situation I would hate to think that I had to wait until I'm actually shot at before I can defend myself. If, someone points a gun at you isn't that enough?

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:13 am

KAZ wrote:Attorney has said that deceased shot at his client first, and witnesses will so testify. Seems no gun shot residue found on deceased. Attorney says that with an automatic the residue going out the top of the action explains that. Interesting, If I were in that terrible situation I would hate to think that I had to wait until I'm actually shot at before I can defend myself. If, someone points a gun at you isn't that enough?

normally yes

-John Wayne