AGI Videos On Sale

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

AGI Videos On Sale

Post by Coach1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:31 am

Hi, I trust this is relevant for the Misc forum. I am not here to advertise but to advise the members of an interesting set of Sale Items now available on MidwayUSA.com. There are a select set of American Gunsmith Institute DVD's available at:
http://www.midwayusa.com/Promotion/defa ... 14_1016166

I watched the one on full disassemble / assemble of 1911 auto pistols last night. While acknowledging that I am new to all this, it seemed to me to be a very well done video. The camera work and descriptions were very good. These DVDs typically are $40 each. Midway has them for $6.99 each.

I bought 3 - A Sig pistol DVD (son-in-law), the 1911 vid and one for my Ruger 10/22 rifle. Now that I see how good they are, I will likely add more as a library / reference.

Take a look, you may find something you never knew you had to have.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Correction

Post by Coach1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:41 am

Correction: The $40 price is what AGI typically charges for these DVDs.. Midway lists their regular Web price at $16.29 - $40. Still a bargain.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:30 pm

I have AGI on the Sig Pistols, very good in describing how all the safety system work.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:12 pm

You got me in hot water again. I went over to Midway just to look and spent some money. I can't help it, it's like a big box of chocolates to me. Heck I know my UPS Man by his first name. I'm doomed.... :lol:

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

I can relate

Post by Coach1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Baldy, I can imagine that restraint at the retail store would be hard.

The AGI videos are excellent for showing how all the inner parts work and mate.. and warn you about hidden springs and such. For comparison to what a really poor disassemble / reassemble video can be... some of you probably checked out that YouTube one for the Mark III. Even in stop - motion it is next to useless.

There is an AGI DVD on Sale for the Remington 870 Shotgun. I wonder if that would provide insight for my Winchester 1200? (aka a Ted Williams / Sears 12 GA).

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Thanks for the tip on that CD Coach. I know I got the Clark one for the Ruger MK and that was a good one also. :)

If you study Bullseye's stills and watch a good video, you should able to do most any parts replacing you would want. 8)