Truglo TFO's....green/green or yellow/green?

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

green/green
100%
yellow/green
No votes

Total votes: 9

TH3180

Post by TH3180 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:56 pm

I want to replace the sights on my G17. I think I have decided on Truglo TFO's. I can get them locally and they will install them while I wait at no charge. I have done a ton of research and I have held them in my hand. I still can’t decide if I want all green or green in the front and yellow in the rear. I use this gun for USPSA, steel shoots and fun at the range. My shooting is spilt 50-50 outside and at an indoor range that has bad lighting at best. What do all of you think I should do? I will be working within a few miles of where I am going to buy them Tuesday and Wednesday. I want to get them one of those days. I have an indoor USPSA match a week from Thursday and I would like to shoot with them at least one time before my match. Any help you guys can give me would be great. I have trouble spending $100 on sights but hay there good for +10 years.
"Ballons make evryone feel better" My son Tyler while getting a ballon for his baby sister when she was in the hospital

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm not a fan of technicolor sights. I'd go green green for sure. A lot of USPSA targets are white, or light colors, The green will stand out much better than the yellow on those targets. Another reason to go green green is that Truglo specifically notes that the yellow inserts appear less bright than the green; I think brighter is better.

If you have the cash to spend, I wouldn't worry about the cost too much if it boosts your confidence. Aside from the sights actually being better, any mental edge will help.

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Green on the front site and anything you want on the rear. The green shows up best for me at all different times of the day or night. :)

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Green vs yellow

Post by Coach1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:25 am

I think this may be relevant. When I was researching lasers - red vs green - I ran across an article that detailed where these colors landed in the visible light spectrum. Green was in the center of the spread and that is what made it "easier" for the human eye to see. Thus making the acquisition on target quicker. Well, I am not sure where yellow lies in the visible spectrum, but I must agree that my eyes like Green best. So the front sight is a no-brainer. And I think having a consistent color on the rear makes sense, too.

Your eyes and preferences are completely subjective. Good luck with whatever you select.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:46 am

I've got the green on my PT1911 and Ruger M lll hunter. The darker green will show up a little better, overall, IMO.
Haka