support your local police

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

I had to re-visit this topic

Post by Yleefox » Tue May 10, 2011 9:48 pm

BGreen

Our 2nd oldest son served 3 deployments in Iraq as a Marine and is there now for a fourth time as a contractor. In spite of this, we worry more about our youngest son who is a cop. Ironic.

A couple of years ago I was on a plane to Maine and a woman sat next to me. At some point she struck up a conversation and during that conversation made the statement that the police were not to be trusted, that they are always beating people up with their sticks. I then lit her up. I told her that there are tens of thousands of law enforcement personnel in this country and yes, on occasion a cop gets out of line. I finished it up by saying to her, "when your in trouble and need help immediately, what's the first thing you do? You call 911 and hope that cop gets to you in a hurry." That was the end of our conversation, as she turned her attention to the guy across the aisle from her and didn't speak to me again.

It's a tough profession, but a noble one.

Y

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: I had to re-visit this topic

Post by bearandoldman » Wed May 11, 2011 8:27 am

Yleefox wrote:BGreen

Our 2nd oldest son served 3 deployments in Iraq as a Marine and is there now for a fourth time as a contractor. In spite of this, we worry more about our youngest son who is a cop. Ironic.

A couple of years ago I was on a plane to Maine and a woman sat next to me. At some point she struck up a conversation and during that conversation made the statement that the police were not to be trusted, that they are always beating people up with their sticks. I then lit her up. I told her that there are tens of thousands of law enforcement personnel in this country and yes, on occasion a cop gets out of line. I finished it up by saying to her, "when your in trouble and need help immediately, what's the first thing you do? You call 911 and hope that cop gets to you in a hurry." That was the end of our conversation, as she turned her attention to the guy across the aisle from her and didn't speak to me again.

Y
I doubt if I could have been as kind to her and courteous as you were. Most likely I would have e told the mother dog ,y opinion of her.
My grandson should be back from Afghanistan in the next few days, he is a Navy Corpsman and is with the 2nd Marine Division.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat May 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Yleefox wrote:BGreen

Y
I must be doing something wrong..... haven't beaten anyone with a stick in quite sometime! :shock:

Thannks yleefox.
BAOM your corpsman grandson is due for some R and R for sure!
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat May 14, 2011 1:35 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:[quote="Yleefox"

Y
I must be doing something wrong..... haven't beaten anyone with a stick in quite sometime! :shock:

Thannks yleefox.
BAOM your corpsman grandson is due for some R and R for sure![/quote]
You should go out and do that, it may give you a whole new attitude, and make you feel a lot better too. Watch out for old man carrying 1911'.
Grandson should be back today or tomorrow according to his last report.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat May 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Here it is guys a link to a video of my grandson;'s return to Kalyfornia USA. Hey Dad,

Dylan returned on time around 2:30PM California time today at Camp Pendleton. They had to check in their weapons and then we were reunited! Here's a link to some video and pics I shot today.

Love,

Larry

http://youtu.be/bxzrBaq44pw

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun May 15, 2011 12:41 am

Welcome back! Job well done!

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Welcome back on a Job Well Done.

Thank you for your service.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Sun May 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Fantastic and a big thank you for a job well done.. :D

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Thu May 26, 2011 6:57 pm

Fantastic video BAOM. I hate to admit it, but it got me a bit choked up. He's a good looking young man and it's good to have him back home safe again. My hat is off to him.

Yleefox

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu May 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Yleefox wrote:Fantastic video BAOM. I hate to admit it, but it got me a bit choked up. He's a good looking young man and it's good to have him back home safe again. My hat is off to him.

Yleefox
Got to give my son the credit for the video, he is getting pretty good at editing them and adding music, But even better to know my oldest grandson Dylan is back in the US.

greener

Post by greener » Fri May 27, 2011 7:24 am

Great video. Congrats to him on a job well done.