Russian astronaut survival kit gun

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Russian astronaut survival kit gun

Post by ruger22 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:16 pm

http://rt.com/news/sci-tech/launch-dock ... g-barrels/

Odd calibers. They should just go with a Contender, with the shoulder stock and a few barrels.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:04 pm

More my style ... maybe a Rossi single-shot barrel-swapping setup would take up similar space and offer more than .22lr for ammo options? I imagine that a 20g/.22mag/7.62x51 or 39 would make a decent all-purpose gun for anything but wading onto a gunfight on purpose.

But my Henry Survival (not Armalite, not Charter Arms) runs nicely and even eats the cheap fed550 bulk, although I'd never trust it with less than CCI minimags for serious use. I like it enough that I ordered 4 magazines (6 total, two full internal storage loadouts) and am stocking back up on minimags.

The Soviet survival gun looks like all utility, anyone think it is fun to shoot after a dozen rounds?

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by arizona-hermit » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:29 am

That is one awesome pistola the Rooskies have.

I also have a Henry AR-7 (with 20 spare mags) and don't really think much of it. Will probably sell it or trade it away in the near future.

My choice for a 'survival' weapon is the Ruger MK-II 10 incher with red dot. FAR more entertaining than the AR-7.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]