Recycling Old Buildings

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Recycling Old Buildings

Post by greener » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:14 am

Into shooting ranges

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/business/ ... r-1233430/

Nice idea, 3-4 miles from the house, close to work, but I'm not too sure I want to pay $35/month or $20/trip to shoot. My current range is $100/year, but I drive about 30 miles to get there.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:22 am

Newer ranges have huge overhead start-up costs to meet EPA/OSHA safety standards. Unfortunately a range's membership fees will have to make up that initial investment plunge for the owners. Eventually the owner/operators will figure what the market will bear in range users fees. We have seen a slight uptick in new shooting facilities in the recent past. This may be a speculator market response to the huge surge in firearms purchases over the last few years. Folks need a place to shoot all those guns and with so many other industries failing finding a niche to satisfy a need is the right way to invest for some.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:39 am

The indoor range I shoot at cost me $100/yr (renewal, $130 new) and $8/lane/day. There is no time limit on lanes unless you go on a holiday when every body is off. They have a membership where you do not pay for your lane, but it's 3 x the cost. You have to shoot twice a week for that one. They also have family memberships too. It does get you a small discount on most every thing in the store. It is one of the nicer gun stores in the area, large collection of handguns and rifles. www.bullettrapinc.com

btw, it's 5min from my house....
Last edited by blue68f100 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 pm

The indoor range here is $200 for the year and no time limits. The out door range is $150 first year and $100 every year after that. :)

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:23 pm

The range I shoot at is only $100 a year. There is a combination lock on the door, and you can just come and go as you please any time of the day. It seems to be kind of a rare set up, and cheaper than most places, but thats always been the idea, to keep it affordable.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:42 pm

The local club here has a similar set-up as "piasashooter" with combination lock access for members during non-scheduled event hours. There are lots of disciplines running throughout the month in the clubhouse so open shooting times are typically available during non-traditional hours.

R,
Bullseye