Defending her baby

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:30 am

This is perfectly appropriate content for the "Miscellaneous Forum". I don't see anybody celebrating the loss of a life but applauding the potential saving of two lives. BG's have to know that they risk trading their lives for others when they intend to do harm. Life is not a video game, you don't usually get a "do-over". Poor decisions can, and usually do, have dire consequences.

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:03 pm

The AMERICAN RIFLEMAN has a great segment every month where an armed citizen protects life because they had a firearm and chose not to be a victim. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:10 pm

This is a shinning exsample of the liberal mind set. I found out a long time ago that liberals are very passionate about what they believe in. Trouble is they don't know what they believe. :roll:

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:01 am

Liberals join a lot of different things that they do not believe in. One just to cause trouble and 2nd, try to persuade other to their view. He just kind of slipped and showed his true colors. These liberals have just about killed this great country. There used to be higher moral standards but not any more. The liberals have changed the laws so criminals have more rights than the law abiding citizen. Now it's never good to loose a life but good people die every day on our roads. A lot by repeat offenders of DWI and illegals in my part of the country. It has gotten so normal it hardly makes the news anymore. Liberals control almost all the news media these days. So you only hear one side (there side) and only what they want you to hear to promote there cause. Then we have the Fox News which actually reports the facts that most people are blind too.

Don't get my dad started....

We need more persons like this young lady, to stand up and not be a victim. But if our rights to bear arms is lost, there will be a lot more victims. The right to CC has reduced a lot of crimes but they want admit it.

Off my soap box....
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:16 am

Now that the "disagreement" has passed, I will applaud the young woman on her composure and guts. I hope she's doing better.

One positive I heard from this incident is that several people have started a donation fund for her. Her financial situation was left about broke with her husband's death. This media attention should help her get on her feet.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Post by Jack D » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:33 pm

I have a lot of trouble understanding why some folks have more compassion for the "perp" than they do for the victim. That lady was forced into a situation she had no control over and she will have to live with the outcome for the rest of her life. The "perp" put himself into that postion and he paid the ultimate price.....his suffering is over. Hers is not. Her life may very well be ruined.

His "future" may have been a life of crime. He was well on his way.
Jack
Ruger SP101, 3", .357, CT laser
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser
Ruger 10/22 Deluxe, scoped
H&R Handi, .357 customized, laser, red dot, scope, weapon light, bipod
Benjamin-Sheridan, 5mm (.20), scoped.