All's Quiet on the Gun Talk Front

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 am

My Bride, future Daughter in law and self went down to Fort Benning, GA to celebrate my sons graduation from Basic Training. 8 hours drive each way to the Minneapolis airport then the flight down & back.

It's been a wonderful thing to see the Man developing from the young man that went in. I encouraged him to enlist 4 years ago, but he wasn't ready yet.

Words fail to try and express how proud I am of him.

Stork
Al Schirado
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:38 am

Congratulations on your son's accomplishment, may he have a positive military experience.

R,
Bullseye

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Post by Jack D » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:02 pm

ruger22 wrote:I've been logging in and looking, just nothing to add to, and not much new I thought anyone would care about.

I'm in the eastern heat wave, too hot to go shoot the new LCR. High nineties and feels like 110% humid.

The big erecho storm got my area, too. I kept power, but have a broken maple limb laying on my power line. Power company will not touch a house line tree problem, unfortunately.

The broken end only broke about 98%. If the other two percent would go, the limb would likely flip off the line into the yard. The limb is about the size of my arm, and seven feet long. Two-thirds of it is past the line, so maybe I'll luck out and it will fix itself.
Another storm should do it.

Summer finally got here this past weekend. About time, too. Problem is....it jumped form cold to hot with no in-between. Would have been nice to work up to it gradually.
Jack
Ruger SP101, 3", .357, CT laser
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser
Ruger 10/22 Deluxe, scoped
H&R Handi, .357 customized, laser, red dot, scope, weapon light, bipod
Benjamin-Sheridan, 5mm (.20), scoped.