V-e-r-y....S-l-o-w.... parts at Ruger Newport

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

V-e-r-y....S-l-o-w.... parts at Ruger Newport

Post by ruger22 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:04 pm

After their holiday week off, I called Ruger to get my customary spare parts for my LCR (except the plastic grip frame, auuggghhh !).

They came back to a new computer system. Many parts are not in it yet, some are but don't have prices. Mostly guns that have come out in the past year. The CS rep tried really hard to get my order, but we finally had to give up. She had me fax my order to them.

I faxed it Monday. They said they would process it and get back to me with prices and a total. Then I can pay and they'll ship.

I talked to them yesterday, Thursday, to confirm that they got it and it was legible. I know some fax machines print terrible. They have it, and promised they would get back to me the minute they have it done. I hope that will be sometime this year........

Four days now, I don't know which parts they have, which they can sell, or the prices. This is not Ruger customer service at its best........ :cry:

I wonder if Prescott got the same system......... :shock:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:00 pm

These parts aren't available at places like Midway, Brownell's, Numrich? I'd guess with a fairly new item, Ruger has devoted more to parts required to build the things than to spare parts.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Nope. I asked Brownell's, and they replied that Ruger often won't let them get any parts until a model is at least a year old.

I did the "Tell the CEO" thing about it. The CS reps are tearing their hair out trying to help customers. When you call, you're now the 12th or more customer in line. It used to be I was second or third when I called. On my last call, I was on hold for 45 minutes before a rep answered.
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Usual amazing Ruger CS

Post by ruger22 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:43 am

Ruger emailed me yesterday, nine days after I faxed the order. It would seem that some of my order's parts have not had prices set yet. They got behind, with the "One million Rugers" deal and the flurry of new models.

To make a long story shorter: So I don't have to wait even longer, they have shipped my order, at no charge. Wow.

Minus any parts that are factory fit, and I'm 99% sure none were.

I had twenty parts on that list, some I ordered two of. Most were the $2 variety, but some were not. That was a very generous gesture on Ruger's part, I would guess at least $65 worth.
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP

greener

Post by greener » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 pm

I've found that when you finally get their attention, they do an outstanding job.

Maybe they were reading your comments on GTO

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Icing on the cake: I got the parts TODAY, UPS Overnight. That's really above and beyond the call.

I feel guilty, really. I didn't care if the parts took a month to arrive. All I needed ASAP was the cost. After selling the three guns with all their "extra stuff", and subtracting the LCR costs, the balance was going on another bill. I couldn't finish the math without the parts price.

I'm thinking my "Tell The CEO" post is behind all this red carpet treatment.
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:22 am

Glad it all worked out.

I've dealt with Ruger's customer service once (possibly twice, depending on how you figure). They really took good care of me and replaced my defective pistol (twice). I've been spreading the word about Ruger's fantastic customer service ever since.