Shot Timers

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Shot Timers

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Does anyone have any experience with shot timers? I'm looking for something to work on my draw and shoot practice. I would be nice if it was sensitive enough to detect dry fire practice but I don't think any will do that. I do as much dry fire practice as I do live rounds. But with dry fire I'm indoors where it's not 100+ deg.

Any recommendations would be nice, for some of the reviews are kind of iffy on all.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:52 pm

the PACT timers are good . I have not used the CED timers that are the size of a digital recorder but they look to be quality.

I found a shot timer ap for my andriod smart alec phone "IPSC Shot Timer beta" that is great for free.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:16 pm

I've heard good things about the App's for smart phones. With the adj gain on the mic most will detect dry fire, which is what I'm really needing. But unfortunately I don't own one.

I did some searching on another forum and the CED 6000 along with the newer models was recommended. I think I want one that uses std batteries and not rechargeable ones. The 6000 was reported of lasting a year on a std 9v battery. The only problem I have heard with them is the start/stop button failing on top, but the front one seams to hold up.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911