Concealed carry tip

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Concealed carry tip

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:17 pm

i've heard stories over the years where either citezens or cops forget their pistols in the stall of the restroom. (on the back of the toilet tank for instance)

where do you put your carry gun when you use the public rest room?

An old detective once told me the best place to put your pistol when you go, is right in your under pants when you take a seat on the throne.... when you get up there is no way you can forget it and it is secure place where no one else can grab it.

of course this is a moot point if you pocket carry.....
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 am

I have only had to use a public rest room a few time and I place it on the TP holder. I did not want it falling on the floor. With on your pants you will have to grab it before you get up making buttoning your pants more difficult. My Compact 45 is small enough I could slip it temporally in my pocket which may be a better spot. Depending on holster tightness it may stay in the holster but I would not trust it unless it has a retention device. I do not want mine in view if someone (small kids) looks under the wall due to shorter height. Young kids say the darnedest things and whats on their mind without thinking. Like " Look there is Gun" .....
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

greener

Post by greener » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Poot point if I pocket carry? Oh, moot point. You are right about that. Now I have to think about other forms of CC.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:36 pm

I personally do not carry unless it can fit in my pocket. Too heavy and bulky guns are not for me. My Kahr is like a wallet in my front or rear pocket, which lets me almost forget about it being there. It does have the tendency to weigh one side of the pants down though when I drop the drawers. That just reminds me that it's there.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:54 pm

I don't see the big deal. With a quality belt and holster an all-steel gun can just stay on the belt and get covered by your shorts.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 pm

right, some folks set it on the toilet tank or TP holder while doing their business..... I'e seen a few news stories over the years about guns that were found in restrooms and accidental discharges by folks who pick 'em up. it came up in conversation the otherday with some folks so I decided to post it.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Weapon in holster = more safe
Weapon not in holster = less safe
Holster off belt = pain in associated to put back on belt in cramped stall

Those negligent discharges are also direct results of junk carry gear and stupidity. Dropping a few deuces at home with the gun on was all I needed to figure these concepts out.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Many people don't carry, sometimes, because the hg is too bothersome due
to weight and size.
H