Signs of ammo shortage easing up?

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Signs of ammo shortage easing up?

Post by greener » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:09 am

Went by Greentop yesterday. They had 20 or so boxes of rimfire (Winchester, 40gr HP) on hand. Price was $4.99/box (50 round box), limit one per customer. While I was looking at them another customer came by and picked one up. He said "you never know when you will see more"

They were breaking open CCI primer 10 packs and repackaging them in 5 packs. Limit one per customer.

At least they had some.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: Signs of ammo shortage easing up?

Post by Hakaman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 pm

greener wrote:Went by Greentop yesterday. They had 20 or so boxes of rimfire (Winchester, 40gr HP) on hand. Price was $4.99/box (50 round box), limit one per customer. While I was looking at them another customer came by and picked one up. He said "you never know when you will see more"

They were breaking open CCI primer 10 packs and repackaging them in 5 packs. Limit one per customer.

At least they had some.

I haven't seen any easing around here, and I have never seen bareer shelves that at the pro shop I buy from.
I hope it is easing up, though.
H

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:22 pm

I went by a Sportsman's Warehouse this morning. They had a sign on the door apologizing that they got no ammo on this week's truck.

I went in anyway. They had six boxes of .45ACP, five or six of .380, and a small stack of .44 Mag. A few boxes of .480 Ruger, and that was it for handgun ammo. No .22 of any kind.

Their Ruger handguns amounted to two LCR-38s, an LC-380, and a pretty good assortment of SA revolvers including two stainless Bearcats. They had a couple of 10/22 Take Downs, but I didn't check out the other rifles.

Tomorrow is "truck morning" at Gander, so I'll give them a look, even though I can't get there until an hour after they open at nine. I think I'll start just checking Gander once a month and forget Sportsman's. Gander will be "normal" before anyone else in my area.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols