Unarmed equals helpless !

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Unarmed equals helpless !

Post by Hakaman » Wed May 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Ok, now this is a prime example of why people should be prepared to defend themselselves.
This happened in the great city of Detroit, just yesterday. Notice that the bystanders, well, just
stood by and watched as the helpless victim was beaten and stabbed be a useless
POS thug. This is unbelievable the ruthlessness of outlaws who are desperate for money:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/man- ... index.html

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed May 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Detroit was a great city in the late 40's and 50's when i was a young mans. sure has gone downhill since then. My Dad's folks used to live in a big brick house on E Grand boulevard.
Had I bee there one of us would most likely left in a body bag and I would sure as Hell make a real effort that it was not me. Never leave the house unarmed.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed May 15, 2013 9:03 pm

bearandoldman wrote: Had I bee there one of us would most likely left in a body bag and I would sure as Hell make a real effort that it was not me. Never leave the house unarmed.
It was rather sad the lack of help he was getting, but I guess they were afraid to help. I believe you in the quote, besides, never mess with an old man!

greener

Post by greener » Thu May 16, 2013 6:45 am

The lack of help is not that unusual. We don't want to get involved. The only help you can count on is yourself.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu May 16, 2013 6:55 am

Rule number one - Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. The preparation is the key!

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 am

The Big Greener and Bullseye,peak a lot of truth.
What did Teddy say Walk softly and carry a big stick or better yet a .38 or larger gun,

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Thu May 16, 2013 10:45 am

B and OM, we have heard it before, but its true. We are both too darned old to run, fight, or take a whuppin'.
So, I always go out with a friend. A .40 friend.
Just sayin'.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu May 16, 2013 11:02 am

[quote="Medicine Hat"]B and OM, we have heard it before, but its true. We are both too darned old to run, fight, or take a whuppin'.
So, I always go out with a friend. A .40 friend.
Just sayin'.[/quotei carried an SA micro in .45, but old age has got me totting a Smith 442, still prefer the bigger bullets.]
For a lot of years,

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Thu May 16, 2013 12:56 pm

I'm still waiting for my CC license to show up - but in the mean-time, I'm still handy with a knife.

greener

Post by greener » Thu May 16, 2013 8:46 pm

charlesb wrote:I'm still waiting for my CC license to show up - but in the mean-time, I'm still handy with a knife.
Let's hope it get's there soon.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 pm

They said 60-90 days, it's been just over 60 so far.

One of these days I'll optimistically walk out to the mailbox and there it will be.

The main reason that I'm getting a CC permit is that most of the gun people here do. The crime rate here is way low, it's a big item on the newspapers police report if a bicycle gets stolen, or there is a domestic dispute that calls for an arrest.

I've yet to see a person or a situation here that has managed to make me feel uncomfortable, except maybe the deer and sheep at night. Sometimes they come down out of the mountains at night, looking for green stuff in town.

You never know, though, and it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

greener

Post by greener » Thu May 16, 2013 11:37 pm

Back in the 90's a buddy moved to Texas from Michigan. Before he left, on of the things about the move he really talked about was concealed carry and he talked quite a lot about the 9mm he would be "required" to have when he moved there. I believe Dallas/Fort Worth met all his expectations.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri May 17, 2013 4:47 pm

It's a shame punk-thug like that video shows are walking among us. I wonder, really, what most CPL holders would have done in a situation like that.
Haka

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Fri May 17, 2013 8:57 pm

greener wrote:Back in the 90's a buddy moved to Texas from Michigan. Before he left, on of the things about the move he really talked about was concealed carry and he talked quite a lot about the 9mm he would be "required" to have when he moved there. I believe Dallas/Fort Worth met all his expectations.
I was raised in the city of Irving, a suburb located in-between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

It was a nice place when I was a kid, but I wouldn't go there now, even to visit. - Too busy for me.

I use to visit D/FW occasionally for the great shopping, but the internet has knocked the gloss off of that. Now, I just see it as a traffic nightmare.