ammo prices

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

ammo prices

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:20 pm

I was wandering around the old interweb, and noticed that the bulk ammo sites are starting to have 9mm and 223 again..... Both for around $500 per 1000 rounds....

Oddly enough, 38spl super was cheaper than 9mm by a couple bucks a box......

That's weird.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm still waiting for $20-22 Federal Value Packs at the big boxes. When I see a shelf full of .22, I'll be very happy. Hoped to shoot today, but near continuous rain again, just like the whole week. My range would be a sea of mud, anyway.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:56 pm

I meant 38 SUPER not spl super..... not sure how that got in there
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:33 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:I meant 38 SUPER not spl super..... not sure how that got in there
No wonder the .38 Super was on the shelf, damn few people shoot that stuff. Pretty much only bullseye matches where they shoot rimfire, centerfire and .45ACP as classes.
My LGS did have some CCI SV lately the first order retailed out at $3.50/50 , last batch was $3.95/50, not anything over his normal prices. Of course, we old favored customers get better price yet
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:34 am

As I'm traveling around Ohio I see many places that have most types of ammo available, with the exception of .22LR, and they are higher priced just not outrageously priced. I even saw some .380 ACP on the shelves and I rarely see that caliber anywhere. I did see one place that had some CCI-SV in 50 and 100 rounds boxes but no bulk packed .22 anywhere. The shop owners all say their distributors just aren't getting any and when they do it only comes in small amounts. As soon as the shops get the .22 they sell out in the same day.

Perry's probably going to be very wet this year. It has been raining every day this week. The weather reports show rain all next week too. Be sure to bring your rain gear if your coming out.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:15 am

Bullseye wrote:
Perry's probably going to be very wet this year. It has been raining every day this week. The weather reports show rain all next week too. Be sure to bring your rain gear if your coming out.

R,
Bullseye
Are you staying in a tent at the camp?
like an old friend of mine used to?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:27 am

I have some old friends that live near by so I stay there each year. Right now I'm visiting my folks and the relatives in NE Ohio. I've been working my butt off at my parents house catching up on all the yard things that get overgrown throughout the year.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:21 am

Bullseye wrote:I have some old friends that live near by so I stay there each year. Right now I'm visiting my folks and the relatives in NE Ohio. I've been working my butt off at my parents house catching up on all the yard things that get overgrown throughout the year.

R,
Bullseye
Glad to hear you are working your butt off to help your folks with the yard work, that sure gets hard for us old guys. Nice to know that you have a comfortable place to stay also. Have a good shoot and keep them in the ten ring if possible or at least in the black at all times.