Winter decided to show it's head again.

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Winter decided to show it's head again.

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Saturday we had a high, near 80°F, and Friday in the low to mid 80°s. Last night when I went to bed it was a very nice 69°F. When I got up this morning my outside thermometer was showing 30°F. So we fell 40°in 9hr last night. We got what they call Thunder Ice this afternoon. It's a thunder storm with the temp below freezing, which turns rain to sleet. So this afternoon every thing got a nice coating of sleet. Temperature has been dropping all day and are expecting a nice 12°F for tomorrow morning. The good thing, is we are suppose to be in the 60°s by Thursday.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Wish you had sent it a little more North from there. Here in West Central MO it dropped from almost 50 on Fri, to about +2F this evening.
So much for springtime.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:18 am

Well it is still officially winter until about March 21st. We may have some more extreme temperature events before this one's over.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:35 am

Went to the range yesterday at 72°F with the top down on the toy car. This morning the top looks a bit white. Sleet this morning and 33°F. We're supposed to get 4-7" of winter. But this is Richmond, it will be melted and mostly gone by Wednesday, if not Tuesday.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:50 am

greener wrote:Went to the range yesterday at 72°F with the top down on the toy car. This morning the top looks a bit white. Sleet this morning and 33°F. We're supposed to get 4-7" of winter. But this is Richmond, it will be melted and mostly gone by Wednesday, if not Tuesday.
at this moment my back porch remotemtemp isminus 2.9
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:17 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
greener wrote:Went to the range yesterday at 72°F with the top down on the toy car. This morning the top looks a bit white. Sleet this morning and 33°F. We're supposed to get 4-7" of winter. But this is Richmond, it will be melted and mostly gone by Wednesday, if not Tuesday.
at this moment my back porch remotemtemp isminus 2.9
We had a TV weatherman on last night doing the stand in the storm bit. He was standing in light rain at 43F.

The nice thing about being in a place where they think 27F is really cold and everything shuts down with an inch of snow is it's usually not that cold and it doesn't snow much. We've had about a foot this year. That's 2-4" above average.