See All sight?

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

See All sight?

Post by ruger22 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Anybody actually have one or at least used one? Any opinion?

https://seeallopensight.com/

Online reviews are mixed, many sound like planted ads.

One issue was the short radius, but red dots and reflector sights are short, too. My issues are the huge branding on the side, and the cost seems high for what you get.

Thinking about one for my 10/22. It's just got irons now, and I don't want to go back to a scope. I just think open is more enjoyable.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: See All sight?

Post by charlesb » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:17 pm

My reservation with this is the height above the bore. Especially on a 22 sometimes used at short range, sometimes further out, having open sights down close to bore level helps a lot.

It needs to be about half the current height to really work out as an open sight substitute.

JRaz

Post by JRaz » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:52 am

I purchased one while traveling through Idaho a while back. It's a well made unit and worked well on a 10-22. Quick target acquisition once one gets used to it. I was surprised how accurate it is.

John

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:55 am

I actually have one of these "See All" sights that I purchased to test the product. I mounted it up on a Mark III target pistol to perform the testing in an outdoors open air venue.

The things I liked about it were: No batteries needed to operate the sighting system, light weight and easy to see optical system, sight alignment (multiple planes) was not critical for good performance, easy to see reticle, at arm's length the reticle is much more usable to enhance accuracy, accuracy was very good for an open sight style system, held its zero throughout the entire shooting session of approximately 500 rounds.

Things I was not fond about were: Price point was very high for the product, a covered or indoor setting where ambient light may be minimal could hamper the operational visibility of the sight, the size of the overall sight system (even though it was actually smaller in height and length than a typical red dot style unit), mounting the sight to the rail was accomplished by tightening two allen screws down onto the Weaver sight base from inside the sight body ( I used shims to prevent marring to the sight rail by the threaded screw ends ), no micrometer style adjustments for making sight corrections, the optical viewing distance to the sight caused the reticle to greatly enlarge and therefore made use on a rifle where the sight would be positioned fairly close to the operator and create an extremely large triangular reticle thereby could cause a loss of accuracy in target acquisition and aiming, sight's usability could be affected by the local environment (i.e. dusty, rainy) causing the lenses to become obscured due to the open construction of this sighting system, re-acquisition of the sight reticle in sustained firing stages is difficult due to the nature of the aiming system and would not be beneficial in competitive marksmanship events.

In the final analysis of my testing, I concluded that I am neither for nor against this product. I see that it has its advantages and disadvantages but in the end, for what you get, the retail pricing is a definite negative. I could see this product viable in the market place at approximately half the current MSRP of $100. I would use this sight again in outdoors, or indoors with ample ambient lighting, but only in an informal, plinking type, shooting session.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye