MKIII ?

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

MKIII ?

Post by keithj » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Ive already done the washer trick to remove the mag. disconect on my MKIII , But I'm wonder would I be better off with one of the hammer bushings that are availble ? Basicly I'm asking if the bushing will have any improvement over the washers as far as action/ttigger are concerned.

Keith

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Yes, the Clark bushing (over sized) will give you a better trigger by removing all of the side play between the hammer and bushing. My factory bushing was very very sloppy fit, so the Clark made a huge improvement.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by keithj » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:43 pm

So its safe to say that the clark bushing would be the best option bushing wise? Oversized meaning I'll need to have it pressed in ? Or can it be taped in with a mallet or similar ?
Keith

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:37 am

My first question would be - are you currently having trigger issues with the washer mod combo? If not, then adding a new bushing may not give you much improvement over the current equipment you have installed.

A Clark oversized bushing is designed for a Mark II hammer but can be installed into a Mark III hammer. It will need to be pressed or tapped in. A small ratchet socket and a mallet can be used to tap it into the hammer.

There is a special adapter bushing available that is made to install into a Mark III hammer that removes the mag disconnect and drops right into your hammer. It costs around $10 and can be ordered through Sam Lam ([email protected]). Here is a link to another thread about these bushings http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1771

R,
Bullseye