VQ upgrades

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

scaleman

Post by scaleman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Thanks everyone for your help in getting me to understand this. Im sure I will have questions down the line I know where to come for the answers! I wish you all were at my local range. Have a good Holiday Be Safe!

scaleman

Post by scaleman » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:50 am

Ok I ordered my VQ Extractor from VQ and I purchased a Tasco Propoint red dot, It was in my price range and had good reviews. What do you guys think. I liked that it had a red and green dot.

Any tips for bore sighting this bugger, I don't have any kind of stand or vise for my pistol, like I have for my rifle.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:56 pm

A lot of folks just sandbag it to dial in the dot scope.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:44 am

You might want to start with a big target at a short range for the first few rounds. Saves on the early "wonder where that went" shots.

DancesWithSquirrels
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by DancesWithSquirrels » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:06 pm

I still have lots of "wonder where that went shots" with a sighted in gun and thousands of rounds down range. :lol:

DWS

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:16 pm

DancesWithSquirrels wrote:I still have lots of "wonder where that went shots" with a sighted in gun and thousands of rounds down range. :lol:

DWS
Get BIGGER TARGETS I think we all have that problem
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

scaleman

Post by scaleman » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:39 pm

I have a small Electronics vise, I was going to mount the gun in there (With some Padding) I also have a laser bore sighter that I use with my rifle. I think that should get me close. I think I should only need to sight it in at 25 yards since thats as far as i would attempt to shoot anyways.

Targets only come so big, What I need is prayer!!!! and lots of it!

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:45 pm

scaleman wrote:I have a small Electronics vise, I was going to mount the gun in there (With some Padding) I also have a laser bore sighter that I use with my rifle. I think that should get me close. I think I should only need to sight it in at 25 yards since thats as far as i would attempt to shoot anyways.

Targets only come so big, What I need is prayer!!!! and lots of it!
Never used opne myself but the laser boresighter should work, or pull the bolt amd bore sight it the old fashioned way.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:36 am

bearandoldman wrote:
DancesWithSquirrels wrote:I still have lots of "wonder where that went shots" with a sighted in gun and thousands of rounds down range. :lol:

DWS
Get BIGGER TARGETS I think we all have that problem
Once I've sighted the scope in, I have no problems other than figuring out how the blanks got into my magazine. :lol:

I don't have any boresighting equipment, so do the best I can by guess and by golly, then use a full size silhouette target at 7 yards to find POI and then start making adjustments.