22/45 MKIII Magazine holder

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

sealark

22/45 MKIII Magazine holder

Post by sealark » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:42 pm

The wind is blowing too hard to go fishing. And I recall yesterday after loading about 300 rounds my fingers were getting sore from holding down the little tab on the spring of the Magazine. So I looked at the holders they sell for 9 bucks and said I think I'll try and make my own. Here's what I came up with. I drilled a 21/64th hole into a piece of 3/4" thick plastic Cut with a hack saw the relief for clearing the bottom of the Mag, drilled the hole for the 1/8" pin a little smaller than 1/8th drove the pin in. Hacksawed the other side for fingers to hold when pulling down. Cleaned it all up with pocket knife and file. last picture is end results. The pin allows you to let go to reload the mag without holding anythin down and the pin also fits and slide down in the grove in the Mag. I assume a piece of hardwood will work just as good as plastic. Total time was less than 45 minutes.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Looks good, should get the job done. To get it done even faster get an Ulitimatr Clip Loader UCL.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Nosmo_King

Post by Nosmo_King » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Just found this site, very nice! My first post, hope it works.

I love it when someone sees a problem and fixes it with their own hands. Nice job on the thumb saver.

I found this beauty last month. $165. retail I think that was a pretty good deal. My first .22, what a hoot to shoot.

After almost wearing a hole in my thumb, I found this loader on the auction place. It never occurred to me that I might be able to make one.

Regards,
Nosmo
Last edited by Nosmo_King on Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:53 pm

Welcome to Guntalk-Online!

$165 for a Mark II 22/45 is a really good deal now days. Looks like you picked up a great looking pistol.

R,
Bullseye