Picked up a POS .22 lr today.

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Well, then the likeliness that someone swapped it with another model's pin is a bigger possibility. Notice in the other pictures that all the pins shown have a smaller length knurled head area than the one on your pistol. Your pin doesn't stick too far out but it may catch some residue when shot.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Saw a Rohm version of that revolver today. $119 at a gun shop in Kalamazoo. Nice conversation piece.

Curmudgeon
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Curmudgeon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:51 pm

greener wrote:Saw a Rohm version of that revolver today. $119 at a gun shop in Kalamazoo. Nice conversation piece.
It's working well for us. I'm going to shoot it at the range next year.
GUN CONTROL PROTECTS CRIMINALS FROM WORK RELATED INJURIES.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 pm

I had one of those guns, years ago. The weird thing about it was that if I held it very loosely in my hand, it was amazingly accurate.

If I held the gun properly, it wasn't accurate at all.

Eventually I gave it away to a buddy who was gunless and had just moved in to a bad neighborhood. He never had to use it, but he said it made him feel better anyway.

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 am

I had a Rohm years ago. My next door neighbor was moving and he tried to sell it to me for 25 bucks. I didn't really want it and in the end he gave it to me. First trip to the range it would fire about every fourth or fifth pull of the trigger. I played around adjusting what I could on it and it eventually got a bit better. Accuracy wasn't any thing to write home to mom about either.

Finally, I placed the barrel of the gun in my vice and took a BIG hammer to it. Then I threw the pieces in the trash can. Now, I'm not saying that all Rohms are junk like this one, but I am saying this one was definately junk. I guess I could have traded it in on some handgun I wanted, but then I wouldn't have wanted someone else to end up with a gun that was junk. YMMV.

Y

Curmudgeon
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Curmudgeon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:46 am

Accuracy schmacracy, it has a 3/4 barrel. This is a POS that you would shoot rat shot in and not care about barrel finish, or toss into a fishing box for Moccasins.

In my case the Darling wife shoots it when I shoot the Target Ruger.

She has hated the Beretta .22LR ever since I bought her cheap Walmart ammo because the blow back slide catches the exiting case on almost every shot. I picked up some CCI Stingers because they work well in that gun and she doesn't catch every case.

We are most likely too old to wear that Beretta out with Stingers, and my Kid isn't waiting to get her hands on it anyway.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:14 am

I bet, somewhere, there are a group of Rohm collectors who are absolutely bananas about them. Sort of like the P22 crowd.

Looks like something I'd keep. When I get into a discussion of the worst handguns made, I'd have something for show and tell.

Curmudgeon
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Curmudgeon » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:18 am

It's really a fine example of an inexpensive uglyaz gun.