red dot ?

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

red dot ?

Post by keithj » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:27 pm

I am currently useing a tasco pro point on my MKIII for bullseye shooting.the site seems to do just fine ,would ther be any advantage to switching to the ultra match dot ? Ive read some things about paralax and the match dot is the best in that department ,but i always keep the dot in the middle of the view when shooting so that should be a problem i guess....

MtStream

Post by MtStream » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:40 pm

I used to be in the low price point camp, but have learned over time otherwise. Quality optics don't make the shooter, but they do help the shooter improve.
The Tasco ProPoint fills a niche but the Matchdot is higher quality equipment. I believe the dot is more precise and the sight plane cleaner on the UD products from my shopping trips. I went with the 4 dot version myself for my own reasons. I'll be getting a Matchdot version also soon.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:22 pm

The equipment you have is sufficient for the job. I have a few Pro Points and they are fine scopes. Upgrading is not going to give you any appreciable increase in performance. It's better to invest in more trigger time and hone your skills to a finer point.

R,
Bullseye

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 am

I went with the UltraDot MatchDot mostly because I like the smaller (2 moa) dot option. I also like the 30mm tube compared to a 1" tube. I still use a Tasco Red Dot on my K-38 for steel plate shooting.
A day without sunshine is like..... night.