Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

chefmossy

Latest Find

Post by chefmossy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:00 am

Clark Custom made 1957 to 1958

greener

Post by greener » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:52 am

Looks very interesting. How does it shoot?

Is the block at the front of the receiver for mounting the scope, or does it serve another purpose?

Also, the cutout on the barrel rib for the front sight. Wonder if they did it on purpose.

Looks like a nice, old find.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:08 pm

I see a standard pistol modified to have a ported bull barrel. I say "standard" as the receiver does not appear to have "Mark I" stamped on it.

It has a Micro adjustable rear sight, pre BowMar. Which would have been added-on in place of the fixed rear sight that comes with the standard.

Someone has drilled the Pachmyar grips to match the screw hole pattern of the earlier framed Ruger 22s.

Is that trigger shoe soldered on to the factory trigger? I don't see any Allen screws holding it on. Is the front base of the trigger guard drilled with an Allen screw?

Somebody added the clamp-on weaver sight rail well after the pistol was created.

Have you had a chance to go out and shoot it yet?

R,
Bullseye

SKnight
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by SKnight » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Bullseye wrote:I see a standard pistol modified to have a ported bull barrel. I say "standard" as the receiver does not appear to have "Mark I" stamped on it.

It has a Micro adjustable rear sight, pre BowMar. Which would have been added-on in place of the fixed rear sight that comes with the standard.

Someone has drilled the Pachmyar grips to match the screw hole pattern of the earlier framed Ruger 22s.

Is that trigger shoe soldered on to the factory trigger? I don't see any Allen screws holding it on. Is the front base of the trigger guard drilled with an Allen screw?

Somebody added the clamp-on weaver sight rail well after the pistol was created.

Have you had a chance to go out and shoot it yet?

R,
Bullseye
Yanno, there are days I'd swear that Bullseye has seen a couple of these Mark series Rugers. Just a guess though. :)
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics need work.

chefmossy

Post by chefmossy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:20 pm

The man I bought it from made the grips and the trigger shoe. The scope mount was from a company in Maine.