I'm Happy!

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Don,

Lot's of good suggestions here. I'll just add this one. When you're ready to shoot, remind yourself to concentrate on each of the important aspects of making a good shot. You can get into a good stance and then pay attention to the sights and trigger control. I try to tune out everything going on around me while I make that shot.

You're doing great, it'll only get better from here on out. Oh yeah, I think that everyone gets that feeling like they are making little or no progress from time to time. Just keep working on the basics and you'll continue to improve.

Patrick

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Always think "grip- sight -press" or say it..... (it is more fun when folds think you are taking to yourself....
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Gatmandu
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Gatmandu » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:16 am

Hi OM, bgreenea & Patrick,

Thanks guys. :D I can't wait to go shooting again the weekend armed (no pun intended :roll: ) with all these tips in mind.

If anyone else has any other suggestions please feel free to chime-in.

Don
I know nothing.......

Gatmandu
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Gatmandu » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi Fellers,

Things went a bit better today:

Don :D
I know nothing.......

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 pm

You are getting there.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:21 am

Considerable improvement over last week. Keep practicing on a regular basis, and your shooting will/is improve. Just like it did this time. Once you get the fundamentals down and you learn not to over think it, your groups will improve more. Try to get in a rythem, then if it does not feel right, stand down and try again. Target 2 and 6 where your best. The vertical movement is the easiest to correct.

Your doing good. Keep it up.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Not bad at all. Are you shooting 1 or2 handed? And what distance?
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 pm

I like to tell people I meet at the range who are not happy with the accuracy of their shooting, that no one was born an expert shot. It take concentration, effort, and practice. I think you're doing just fine, keep it up and before you know it, you'll be blasting the center out of those targets.

Patrick

Gatmandu
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Gatmandu » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:27 am

Hi Guys,

bgreenea3,

2 handed at 10 yards. :oops:

Patrick,

Thanks again for the encouragement. I think another problem I have had (I've only been shooting for a little over a year) is I've bought several different guns. I have learned some are "easier" to shoot than others (your comments please :?: ) and I need to just stick with one and hone the basic shooting skills.

Don
I know nothing.......

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 am

Refining your skills on one is a good idea. Once you've mastered the basics those skills will transfer well to the other firearms platforms. That doesn't mean shoot one exclusively but just use one to concentrate on your marksmanship skills, you can shoot others for fun.

Good shooting takes a little bit of time and a lot of desire. You obviously have both of these traits so keep practicing and you will continue to develop your skills.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 am

The 617 has a great reputation for accuracy. It also allows you to shoot with the lighter pull single action and the heavier double action so you can refine your trigger skills. A well-maintained 617 will put the round where the muzzle was pointed when it is fired. (Most handguns do this, something I sometimes find disappointing since the rounds didn't go where I wanted them).

Keep it up, pretty soon 10 yards will get boring. :lol:

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 am

greener wrote:The 617 has a great reputation for accuracy. A well-maintained 617 will put the round where the muzzle was pointed when it is fired. (Most handguns do this, something I sometimes find disappointing since the rounds didn't go where I wanted them).

Possibly you were a little undecided where you wanted the bullet to go and the bullet left without proper instructions and coordinates, you got to think positive.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Gatmandu
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Gatmandu » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:22 am

bearandoldman wrote:Possibly you were a little undecided where you wanted the bullet to go and the bullet left without proper instructions and coordinates, you got to think positive.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that.

Don
I know nothing.......

greener

Post by greener » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:23 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
greener wrote:The 617 has a great reputation for accuracy. A well-maintained 617 will put the round where the muzzle was pointed when it is fired. (Most handguns do this, something I sometimes find disappointing since the rounds didn't go where I wanted them).

Possibly you were a little undecided where you wanted the bullet to go and the bullet left without proper instructions and coordinates, you got to think positive.
Obviously I should read the "Power of Positive Thinking" Mr. Peale

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

place your bets

Post by Coach1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Positive thinking is absolutely essential in all things in life.. including shooting.

But I will bet my money on a good grip, good eyes and good trigger control
:lol:
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones