Mark II 10" onto a Mark III Grip Frame ?

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Mark II 10" onto a Mark III Grip Frame ?

Post by jstanfield103 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:28 pm

I have been reading and just curious what a guy should be aware of putting the Mark II 10" barrel/Receiver onto the Mark III Grip Frame. Mine when I bought it the bluing was worn of the rear of the safety grip, that just annoys me, I also would rather have the 1911 style mag release. I decided to sell one of my guns and purchase the New Blued Mark III Lower with the Mag safety already removed. From what I read there should be no trouble at all with the exchange but maybe some miner fitting. I also purchased two new Mark III magazines. When I receive it I will post pictures of the gun put together.
I am going to have a GunSmith drill and tap it for a Ruger scope rail. I did get to the range today, the person that had it before me and the sights were off to the right, a little adjustment of the screw and now they are hitting dead on. I managed to shoot one round of 10 to make one big hole, could only do it once though.
Let me know what you're thoughts on the upper and lower exchange are, I know most people like the Mark II lower but I prefer the Mark III without the Mag Safety of course.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 pm

22/45 frames are not as consistent as the std steel frames. All are slightly different on fit but should be close. Once you try the fit it may be good to go as is. Never know till you try it. One thing about the MK's is since the sights are on the barrel/receiver the lower loose does not impact accuracy.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911