Optics for MKII

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

misfire

Optics for MKII

Post by misfire » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:49 pm

It is plain to see that target grade ammo shoots a bit better than most "standard " stuff even with iron sights. Howsomever, I have also concluded that optics of some sort is probably the only way I can consistently realize the potential of the target grade. Otherwise for me it's pretty much of a waste. Any recommendations on lightweight, rugged, optics for the MK II target ? Don't need or want high magnification scope, just something better than iron sights. Those Holo? things by CMORE and Bushnell sure look cool and lots of speed burners use them on their .38 Supers and such.
Misfire

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:47 pm

I use the standard red dot sights, I don't have any of the holo brands. I've used many brands from Aimpoint to Ultra Dot. BSA's work and are inexpensive if you're just interested in giving the dot sights a try. For the cost of a brick of medium target grade ammo you can get a BSA. You can always decide to upgrade later if you like shooting the glass sights.

R,
Bullseye

Eddie A

Post by Eddie A » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:04 pm

Sportsmans guide (www.sportsmansguide.com) has some pretty cheap Holo sights by Barska. Under $50 (cheaper if you're a member).

I bought one and it's pretty nice for the price.

Let us know what you get and how you like it.
Eddie

misfire

Post by misfire » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:04 pm

Thanks guys. I got a BSA for cheap at Big 5. Now to get it mounted,
Misfire

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:15 am

Your BSA has integral mounts and you'll need a rail to mount it on. Weigand makes a no-gunsmith mount.

You just remove the rear sight and slide this one on and tighten down the screws. http://www.jackweigand.com/rm2fd.html

Rimfire sports and custom has them for $40. http://www.rimfiresports.com

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye