Ruger Mark III Hunter Progression

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Ruger Mark III Hunter Progression

Post by jstanfield103 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 pm

I usually like to show my guns off when I get them, so I will show my Hunter model here after a little comment.
I bought a 10" blued Mark II not to long ago and was enjoying using the stock sights on it but my eye aren't what they use to be so I scoped the gun. Man I really Love that 10" Ruger. Here is a picture so you remember what it looks like. It now has a Mark III frame.
I liked shooting the iron sights that I decided to get me a Hunter model and not to put anything on it as far as a sighting system just use the stock sights. I did put a finger grove Hogue grip on it and a Volquartsen 1st Gen trigger on it that a fellow Rimfire Central member sold to me (Thank You). I really like the 1st Gen Volquartsen triggers, they are better to me than than triggers available now (I drill and Tap them for pre-travel) I have a SGW sear in this one ( thanks to JStacy another great friend and Member on Rimfire Central) and I have a Volquartsen hammer that I am getting ready to install on this I have not done it as of yet. I asked about a LCI plug on the forum a little while ago and found the information I needed, but I had already found a piece of heavy Stainless Steel pipe and just cut a LCI plug out flattened the metal and cut the plug out polished it up and will keep it on the gun. Turned out pretty good.
Thanks for looking and letting me rambel again.
Last edited by jstanfield103 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by arizona-hermit » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:25 am

Looks nice!

I put an Ultra Dot on my 10 incher and enjoy it thoroughly.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:10 am

Arizona-Hermit, Thanks but you were probably wondering what I was talking about all my pictures and comments did not up load. I had to fix that this morning.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:32 pm

I looked this morning and only the first photo was showing up. Looks nice. Should be a tack driver with the scope on the 10''.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911