SR22 Threaded barrel

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

superdave

SR22 Threaded barrel

Post by superdave » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Open question for all. Anybody have experience with the SR22 threaded barrel available from Twin Tech Tactical? I'm getting tired of waiting for Ruger to make it available. They told me this morning to call back "in about 2 weeks" and they "might" have more information on pricing and shipping. TTT sells theirs for $130 plus $25 for the Sparrow adapter, and that doesn't seem too out of line. Any experience or comments are welcomed.
God bless our troops...especially our snipers.

LaRue Tactical bumper sticker

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:44 pm

I have no knowledge of it. However, I searched "Twin Tech Tactical" on YouTube and saw a few videos regarding Twin Tech Tactical SR22 threaded barrels. Maybe watching those could give you some information.

superdave

After the barrel swap

Post by superdave » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Just a follow up to my first post on the SR22 barrel change. I ordered one from Twin Tech Tactical (excellent shipping and customer service) and, after inspection, cleaning and a tiny bit of detailing, installed it in my pistol. Since I had recently put about 100 rds through the factory barrel, I had an accuracy benchmark for the swap. Not only was the fit and installation a snap, but the accuracy is as good or better than the original. I decided to go with the TTT barrel after Ruger told me that they don't plan to EVER sell the threaded barrel separately. They also advised me not to do the swap. I guess they don't want any competition from anyone. All in all, it is a great improvement and I can now use my suppressor on this great-to-shoot pistol.
God bless our troops...especially our snipers.

LaRue Tactical bumper sticker