Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

22/45 400 yards

Post by greener » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 am

Found this on the Carolina Shooter's Forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyjQESIp9wk

22/45 w/4.5" barrel. Unsupported.

The dot in the sight had to completely cover the target.

I had to turn the sound up a bit to hear the hits.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm curious to what the hold-over is at 400 yards for 22LR. I did see some dirt fly up in the inset shot when the shooter missed on a couple of shots. Until I did, I wasn't convinced he was actually hitting the target with the rounds.

R,
Bullseye

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:43 pm

I found out that my MkIII Hunter, with the 2X scope sighted in for twenty feet was also dead-on at 100 yards.

Something about the height of the scope over the bore, I'm thinking.

In any case, I had no trouble at all popping stationary clay pigeons at 100 yards with the MkIII, and did pretty well with the left-over chunks, after I had shot them all.

I had to hit the edge of the clay target to get them to break. Center hits would just punch on through without fracturing the clay.

It never occurred to me to try it at two hundred yards, I thought I was pushing the limits already at 100 yards.

Shows what I know.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:33 pm

The first time I watched it I thought his muzzle elevatin was low. I've seen a video of someone shooting at 450 yards with a 10/22. Large shot dispersion. With a 22/45 and no rest the dispersion had to be huge. Still he hit the target enough to rule out pure luck.