Sold my Mark III

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Sold my Mark III

Post by ruger22 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Went to the range with it on the sixth, to prove to myself that I just don't enjoy it anymore. Big and heavy comparted to my other handguns, and shot so well it was boring. I know, that sounds silly, but I like to expend some effort in hitting the target. Plus, I've always been more of a revolver guy.

LGS consigned it at $375, I'll net $325. The LGS thought I was selling high, I thought too low. Considering there are rarely any used stainless Mark III Targets on the gun sites or in LGSs. I couldn't find any in researching my price, anyway. New street price seems to be $450-499, and the MSRP is $569.00.

I de-Volquartsened it, total factory again. So I have VQ parts, an LCI filler, Ruger parts, mags and holsters on fleabay. I should net around seven bills for the works. Money needed elsewhere, anyway.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:02 pm

If that's what you wanted to do, I think you made the right choice. I have been thinking of selling off a few guns to focus on certain other guns/calibers a little more. It's such a Pita to sell, but you feel better once it's done.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Me too. The annual gun show here comes up at the end of the month, will be trying to sell my M1A and maybe one or two others.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:23 am

Hope the sales work out.

I've thought about selling some of the stuff I don't shoot much, like the Browning .22's. But then I take them out and they shoot well, so back in the drawer they go.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:52 am

I like my browning, and I was thinking of selling my MKlll?

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 am

Hakaman wrote:I like my browning, and I was thinking of selling my MKlll?
Nope, just making a comment about thinking about selling a .22 and getting stopped with they shoot well.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:52 am

I'm just more of a plinker, and the Mark III is a target gun, especially with all the VQ parts. I couldn't believe how hard it was to change everything back to factory stock! The hardest thing was the mag safety spring. I was just sure that the back end of it fit onto something. Then I looked at Bullseye's photos and saw to just put it alongside the sear spring leg.

I don't care about group size or points, just if my prairie dog spins or the golf ball moves. My Bearcats and 10/22 do that fine, and the LCRs keep me good for carry. My Sentinel is a good shooter, too. I wouldn't mind finding another, maybe in a different style.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:00 am

greener wrote:
Hakaman wrote:I like my browning, and I was thinking of selling my MKlll?
Nope, just making a comment about thinking about selling a .22 and getting stopped with they shoot well.
No, i'm thinking of selling my MKlll, really.