Ruger Mark III Target stainless discontinued (?)

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Ruger Mark III Target stainless discontinued (?)

Post by ruger22 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:49 pm

On Davidson's Gallery Of Guns it's no longer shown, but the blued model is. On Ruger's website it is still shown, but there is no "Order" button. All the other Mark III models have the Order button.

Partial consensus on Rimfire Central is that it has been discontinued, but no one has the "official" word from Ruger yet.

I may have put mine up for sale at a good time. Went by the LGS that consigned it for me, and he has it in the case for $400. He had thought the $375 I required was high, but did a little research and raised that.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:52 am

I sent a message to Ruger on this question, here is their 'official' response on the availability of the stainless target model:

<<"Response:
They are still on the market, but usually when you see the order tab next to a
firearm it sends you to the Davidson's website who are one of our distributors.
I believe it would indicate that the firearm is not available through them, you
would have to locate one at one of your local gunshops who sell our firearms.">>

One of the reasons why I stopped posting on RFC was too many people who would rather argue than genuinely assist others with firearms problems. I hope this helps clear up the matter.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:32 am

I've seen stainless Target models at gun shows this year. No idea how long they've been in dealer inventory.

If you are in the market for a competition model, Greentop has one and it looks like they are charging MSRP (~$650).

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Ruger said their website button just links over to the Davidson's website, so when the button is not showing it just means Davidson's is out of stock. That also correlates to what the OP said about them not showing up on Davidson's page either. Other distributors have them in stock so find one near you if you want one now. However, they are not being discontinued on the product line.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:09 am

Just unusual, I didn't select the "Only show items available" button, and some of the Mark III models that Davidson's does show say the number available is "0". But still no Mark III Target.

Just for fun, I looked and they have 25 stainless Bearcats. If I had about 12 grand to blow......... :lol:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:49 pm

Ruger uses Davidson's as an exclusive distributor for their models and does not sell firearms directly to the public. The Ruger website listing is tied directly to Davidson's stock on-hand, so when they are out of a particular model the 'order' button disappears. It will show again once Davidson's receives a new shipment of the Stainless Target models.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Bullseye wrote:Ruger uses Davidson's as an exclusive distributor for their models and does not sell firearms directly to the public. The Ruger website listing is tied directly to Davidson's stock on-hand, so when they are out of a particular model the 'order' button disappears. It will show again once Davidson's receives a new shipment of the Stainless Target models.

R,
Bullseye
So, all the other dealers are ordering through Davidson's?

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:57 pm

I think it means that Davidson's is the sole retailer that Ruger deals directly with - in addition to a number of wholesalers.

This gives Ruger a place to direct visitors to the Ruger website who want to buy.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Exactly!

R,
Bullseye

glockeyed

Post by glockeyed » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:34 am

:thumbs up: