See All sight modification (Ruger Rail)

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

See All sight modification (Ruger Rail)

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:09 pm

For those who may be interested in mounting one of these new-style optical sights...

Had a guy come into the shop today with one of these new sights and his Mark III pistol. Said he needed some help because the scope rail that comes with is Ruger pistol would not fit his new sight. Not having seen one of these sights up close and in person before, when I asked him where he bought the sight he replied, "I ordered it from Tandemkross". I took out a new Weaver #62 rail and the See All slid right on it, but the Ruger rail indeed would not allow the sight to mount. It seems the factory supplied Ruger "Weaver Style" rail has a slight lip on the bottom of the sight rail that wouldn't allow the See All to mount. He's a regular customer so I ran in back and placed the factory rail in the Mill and shaved some metal off of the bottom of it until the sight would slide right on. Another issue I found with the method of mounting with this particular scope rail was that the See All sight uses two Allen screws to affix it securely to the rail. The notches in the factory scope rail do not completely align with the screws, so I cut a small shim out of some scrap T6 aluminum long enough for the two mounting screws and fit it into the slot in the top portion of the Ruger rail. Tightening down the mounting screws onto that shim created a very solid mounting for the new optical sight. Just in case anyone else runs across this problem, here is a few pictures of the modified scope rail.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:50 am

I have run into the same problem trying to put Zee rings on a rail.

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:19 pm

that's why everyone should have a mill, or, a friend with one..

:wink:

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:56 am

perazzi wrote:that's why everyone should have a mill, or, a friend with one..

Well, it is better than an old, rusty bastard file and a carborundum stone.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:24 pm

greener wrote:

I'm glad you specified in that last message Greener! I thought you may be referring to me as I have plenty of those other things too. I may actually resemble that remark if "rusty" started with a "C".

R,
Bullseye

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Bullseye wrote:
greener wrote:

I'm glad you specified in that last message Greener! I thought you may be referring to me as I have plenty of those other things too. I may actually resemble that remark if "rusty" started with a "C".

R,
Bullseye
I think I've heard those words used in my direction. :lol:

My father-in-law was my Carborundum supplier. He worked for the company something over 40 years. A man with true grit but he had an abrasive personality that would really wear you down. It took 40 years for us to polish our relationship. His motto: illegitimi non carborundum