HENRY Peep Sight

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri May 08, 2009 7:19 pm

KAZ wrote:Thanks for the lube advice. I wouldn't have thought of it. I will use some kroil. I won't get my tap until next week so anyone with thoughts on this subject will be appreciated. bearandoldman, I'm disappointed to hear that you have to use up that much windage on the Williams peep. Could you not get some of it by drifting the front sight right? Before I had no windage problems, only the shooting to high. I will be irritated if at the end of the trail this peep doesn't come together without much more drama :(
It's probably just the way I amlining thigns up, may try a different sight picture.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:56 pm

Do you have pictures of the results?

Spent some time with Henry V today. The front sight is at the wrong distance for either of the corrections in my glasses and tends to disappear. I either shoot it without corrective lenses, try something I can see better on the front sight or scope it. It shot off hand pretty well considering that I could either choose not to see the front sight or hope I was centered on the 8" black blur at 25 yards.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:42 am

greener wrote:Do you have pictures of the results?

Spent some time with Henry V today. The front sight is at the wrong distance for either of the corrections in my glasses and tends to disappear. I either shoot it without corrective lenses, try something I can see better on the front sight or scope it. It shot off hand pretty well considering that I could either choose not to see the front sight or hope I was centered on the 8" black blur at 25 yards.
Rob, e mail me and let me know what kind of pics and info you need and we canhelp you out.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.