10/22 DSP

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

10/22 DSP

Post by Jack D » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:39 pm

My 10/22 is nothing special...right out of the box with Bushnell Banner 1.5x-4x scope. I was told that a HP rifle scope would not work on a .22 (parallax), but I haven't noticed any problems. My only gripe is the sling swivels. Not a necessary accessory and removing them would leave holes in a nice walnut stock. The only problems I've had is a loosening of the stock mounting screw (maybe I'm just afraid of over-tightening) and the occasional FTE jam.

A fine shooting piece and not too bad to look at either.

Jack
Ruger SP101, 3", .357, CT laser
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser
Ruger 10/22 Deluxe, scoped
H&R Handi, .357 customized, laser, red dot, scope, weapon light, bipod
Benjamin-Sheridan, 5mm (.20), scoped.

laportechaarlie

Post by laportechaarlie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:19 am

Nice looking 10-22! Parallax should not be an issue as long as you are looking through the center of the scope.
Charlie

SD Handgunner

Post by SD Handgunner » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:45 am

The Ruger 10/22DSP sure do look nicer than the plain jane versions. I just finished working on a buddies and his has nice wood also. I did a trigger job on it as well as the Auto Bolt Modification. His was a new one with the Plastic Trigger Housing and Trigger. The trigger turned out quite good at 2 1/2 pounds nice and crisp. He uses his to head shoot rabbits and squirrels and just loves the little rifle.

As stated if the scope to comb height is right for you so your head is in exactly the same place for every shot, thus looking through the same place in the scopes eyepiece parallax will be eliminated as much as is possible.

Larry