SAVAGE MII

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

SAVAGE MII

Post by KAZ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:21 pm

Does anyone have experience with the Savage Mark II accutrigger? Is it a shooter?
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: SAVAGE MII

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:18 pm

KAZ wrote:Does anyone have experience with the Savage Mark II accutrigger? Is it a shooter?
Yes, just got one yesterday and it is a definite shooter. Only got about 300 or so through it but it shows some promise.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Just pulling your chain! I knew that you wouldn't be able to resist that MKII 8) I'm looking forward to seeing some targets. Regards

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 pm

KAZ wrote:Just pulling your chain! I knew that you wouldn't be able to resist that MKII 8) I'm looking forward to seeing some targets. Regards
just sent you an e mail. :D :D :D :D

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Just got up from my workshop and checking out Marjie, guess that is his new name. Doug, knowing I like a light trigger had preset the Accutrigger to a clean 2 pounds on my gage and the barrel is pretty much floated to a few inches in front of the receiver as far as I can tell with a dollar bill. Decent looking appears to be walnut stock and a cool shooter.

greener

Post by greener » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:09 am

The targets look pretty good. My son got one a couple years ago. The unadjusted, out-of-the-box trigger was good. Adjusting the trigger would make it much better.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 pm

they typically will out shoot more expensive guns.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:03 pm

BAOM, what was the ball park price on Marjie. You know you are making me extremely envious. You may also be making me extremely broke! I bought an Intensity 4.5x12 -44 mm AO, but after receiving it , it was entirely to large to use on the rifle I had intended. Now I am selling it to get the Bushnell 3x9-32 mm. I told my better half (BH) that since I couldn't use the scope as intended, I would have to buy a new rifle for it. I got the steely-eyed "You will over my dead body!" :evil: look and decided I had better cool it for awhile. I can still renig on selling the scope.... I would hate to loose my BH. :cry: TB :wink:
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:16 pm

TB, no reason to irritate the BH, here is a sure fire plan: Step 1. You go out to your drive way a squirt a puddle of red colored water under your car Step 2. call significant other out to give her the bad news about the tranny Step 3. tell her you will have to have the bands adjusted and resealed Step 4. go get the MK II being careful to mingle it in with your existing arsenal, and gloat over it in private for a while. Step 5. announce that tranny is working better than ever. Step 6. say a prayer that NOTHING goes wrong with the tranny :)

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:37 pm

KAZ wrote:TB, no reason to irritate the BH, here is a sure fire plan: Step 1. You go out to your drive way a squirt a puddle of red colored water under your car Step 2. call significant other out to give her the bad news about the tranny Step 3. tell her you will have to have the bands adjusted and resealed Step 4. go get the MK II being careful to mingle it in with your existing arsenal, and gloat over it in private for a while. Step 5. announce that tranny is working better than ever. Step 6. say a prayer that NOTHING goes wrong with the tranny :)
And buy some ballistic cloth shorts and wear them all of thw time.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:45 am

Uh, I will have to think about that for a while. Her father used to pull a similar trick on her mother. It was very quickly seen through, so I don't have much of a chance of being believed. I would definitely need the shorts. Thinking..... TB :?
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:58 am

Tigerbeetle wrote:Uh, I will have to think about that for a while. Her father used to pull a similar trick on her mother. It was very quickly seen through, so I don't have much of a chance of being believed. I would definitely need the shorts. Thinking..... TB :?
You may even want to look into getting a full, one piece union suit of that material and maybe a hat too. Luckily Ma has never questioned my gun purchases. This Nov 9th she will be my little sweet bride of 52 years.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:32 am

My BH and I will mark 40 years early in November. She really doesn't begrudge me any of my purchases. Lordy knows, I don't give her much static. But right now with the state furloughing us a couple days a month, I kind of need to watch my $$ if you know what I mean. But the Savage and the Remington out now are supposed to both be excellent shooters. Maybe I can get a few more days in at BPro and get a few $ ahead. :roll: TB
Tigerbeetle

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:41 am

Know where you are coming from TB, you should try living on SS, but it is not too bad as everything is paid for. I do a lot of rimfire shooting because the ammo cost is less, Federal bulk is fine for fun shooting. As far as the Mark II, it sure shoots well for a 200 dollar out of the box shooter.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:14 pm

This old thread has lain around quite a while with nothing new added. Guess I can add in that HENRY II got a couple new closet mates. A CZ-452-2E Silhouette and a Savage MK IIg, both in .22 LR. Haven't shot either one yet, but I am frothing at the mouth to do so. Got to get one scope mounted and get another for the Savage. BOAM, does the IIg look like yours?
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm19 ... VMKIIg.jpg

This is a really plain Jane picture, but it sure feels good and the trigger is phenomenal. http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm19 ... Z4522E.jpg
Tigerbeetle