Remington Mdl Five aka Zatava C99 (I think)

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Remington Mdl Five aka Zatava C99 (I think)

Post by Tigerbeetle » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:04 pm

I am swapping a Simmons 3x 9 by 32mm to a 6.5x20 by 44 mm scope. I was hoping to use the same rings and just swap out the scope, but unfortunately that won't work. The new scope is longer and hits the rear sight when mounted for the proper eye relief.

The receiver has the dovetail grooves, but I noticed in removing the tipoff mount, it also appears the receiver has the two Weaver Style bar reliefs cut into the receiver as well.

Has anyone used a Weaver style base on the Remington Mdl Five? Secondly, what height bases do I need for the 44 mm objective lens? I also assume the tipoff mounts that came with the Simmons 22Mag were medium height. Are the Weaver mounts taller in the medium model, or do I need to go to a tall? I have a 44 mm on my CZ Silhouette, but I also did not have a rear sight to get in the way.

Any wise guidance by those of you more knowledgeable than I will be greatly appreciated.
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle