You Can't Hit Anything with a 10/22

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

You Can't Hit Anything with a 10/22

Post by greener » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:52 am

A word to the wise. If you take SWMBO shooting, don't brag about how accurate the 10/22 is when the scope is off 6" left and 6" low. You will hear about it. Also bring the allen wrench to adjust the but plate. And allen wrenches to adjust the scope position. Once I got the minor issues fixed, she spent about an hour making all the holes touch at 25 yards and shooting at the sub 1" shoot'n see stickies. I'm not sure all my sins were forgiven.

If I thought she would go shooting more often, I'd put one together for her.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: You Can't Hit Anything with a 10/22

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:00 am

greener wrote:A word to the wise. If you take SWMBO shooting, don't brag about how accurate the 10/22 is when the scope is off 6" left and 6" low. You will hear about it. Also bring the allen wrench to adjust the but plate. And allen wrenches to adjust the scope position. Once I got the minor issues fixed, she spent about an hour making all the holes touch at 25 yards and shooting at the sub 1" shoot'n see stickies. I'm not sure all my sins were forgiven.

If I thought she would go shooting more often, I'd put one together for her.
You got to have more than one, my inventory at present is a number that Ma don't need to know. Remington 597 will shoot and so will MarkIIG Savage. They may need a little tweaking but ion the end the results are great.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 pm

You were in trouble from the get go when you did the up front brag! I'll never forget(actually I had until your post) I had this 250 Yamaha dirt bike that ALWAYS started on the first kick. I even put that claim in my For Sale Ad 8) Very first prospective buyer shows up and after many unsuccessful kicks, and many embarrassing frustrating minutes I looked down to see that I had forgotten to turn the gas lever :oops: Now you have an excellent reason to buy her one for Christmas! Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:06 pm

I spent some of yesterday with my 10/22 DSP, shooting the rubber prairie dog's head at 50 yards. He has a big hole in his head now, two more rounds and his face will fall off. Not too bad for an all factory gun, with a 3-7 X 20 Tasco rimfire scope.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:45 pm

KAZ wrote: Very first prospective buyer shows up and after many unsuccessful kicks, and many embarrassing frustrating minutes I looked down to see that I had forgotten to turn the gas valve. Regards
Being an OLD dirt bike rider and a Yamaha mechanic now 15 years retired, I know where you are coming from. Oldest son and I rode dirt bikes every weekend until he went off to college in fall of 1976. We had a much altered 1971 Yamaha 125MX, both engine and chassis mods and I rode a slightly engine altered 1971 Penton, the last of the steel tank Penton's. We had a lot of fun and lived through it, with the usual scrapes and bruises, but no broken bones.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.