What do I do now?

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

What do I do now?

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Got all the 10/22's the 597 and the MarkIIGL straightened out and shooting fine. The other guns, 572,66.H001, 1894CL, and the ATD clone are just really plinker guns thy soot up to their expectations. Now I have no problems to solve and it may get boring this 'Winter.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Well, I warned you that this would happen the way you were going :wink:
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:30 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much, something will come up, it always does. It happens to me usually when I'm thinking "gee, everything is up to snuff, and I can relax for a day". Dangerous thinking. he he.
Hey, I just had a thought, how about getting a gun for Bear, either fix it up, or teach him to shoot. :roll:
I just ordered another .22 for my (disabled) daughter, so I'll have to spend a couple days modifying it so she can use it. Like I mentioned, something will always come up, about the time you try to relax.
Keep on keeping on.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Medicine Hat wrote: Hey, I just had a thought, how about getting a gun for Bear, either fix it up, or teach him to shoot. :roll:
Not sure if you can trust a dog with a gun, he might get started off on a life of crime. Can you see him pulling a heist at the local pet shop, ya the cute little ******* over there and all your doggie treats, maybe not he has been neutered so all he would want is the treats.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:43 pm

I always wanted a Ruger 77/22. You could get one and let us know how that does.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:43 pm

KAZ wrote:Well, I warned you that this would happen the way you were going :wink:
Got to stsrt looking in the used gun rack again, Henry shoots pretty good anf so does Moses, Nyla and Remona are jsut fun shooter guns.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 pm

ruger22 wrote:I always wanted a Ruger 77/22. You could get one and let us know how that does.
Already got a good shooting bolt gun, King Msrkie, and he is a Southpaw, like i need.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:02 pm

There seems to be quite a few tactical .22's. Even American Rifleman has them on their cover. You could go into black rifle .22's, although it's probably less expensive to convert a 10/22.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:22 pm

greener wrote:There seems to be quite a few tactical .22's. Even American Rifleman has them on their cover. You could go into black rifle .22's, although it's probably less expensive to convert a 10/22.
Had one of them a long time back and traded it off because it was not really accurate enough to suit me. It was one of those Walther G22 bullpup guns set up for left hand. Scope mounted way high above the barrel on the 2 piece polymer stock, just did not really care for it and traded it off. Kept it for a little over a year and traded it on a 10/22T. Now that was one of my better ideas. :lol:

greener

Post by greener » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:40 am

bearandoldman wrote:
greener wrote:There seems to be quite a few tactical .22's. Even American Rifleman has them on their cover. You could go into black rifle .22's, although it's probably less expensive to convert a 10/22.
Had one of them a long time back and traded it off because it was not really accurate enough to suit me. It was one of those Walther G22 bullpup guns set up for left hand. Scope mounted way high above the barrel on the 2 piece polymer stock, just did not really care for it and traded it off. Kept it for a little over a year and traded it on a 10/22T. Now that was one of my better ideas. :lol:
The Walther was too early to be in the full military black rifle .22 fad. The look like the "real" thing, although the Ruger seems to be a 10/22 with tactical stocks. They look like fun, but I wasn't overly impressed by the reported 50 yard groups in the Rifleman write up. I tried to get SWMBO all enthused about getting one for her little boy, but I may have some more selling to do.

If you can find one of the old Mossberg 44us target rifles, it would make a good project. I've heard they shoot well.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:55 am

Right you are Greener, that G22 was too early for the black rifle fad. Bought it because I like the fact it was a bullpup and could be set up for left hand use easily. The way the scope mounted left a lot to be desired and the trigger linkages made for a poor feel, at least for me. Now the Ruger SR22, built on the 10/22 action should work well. But being the accuracy not that I am, I can not see paying 200% or better got that model over the standard carbine and getting 25% or less of the accuracy. Just my feelings, other opinions may and most likely will vary..