Need more stuff and a wagon

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Need more stuff and a wagon

Post by greener » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:27 pm

to haul it in.

Fired the 10/22's today. Had a pretty good day and fairly good results with Wolf Match Target ammo. Did find myself fighting the 10/22 with the Tundra stock and standard barrel.

So, I figure I need:
1. An adjustable rest like the Caldwell Rock so I won't fight elevation on a 10/22.
2. Spotting scope because I obviously didn't see that i was not on dead center.
3. I could just get better rifle scopes. But a spotting scope would also be nice.
4. Maybe the Ruger standard barrel needs to be replaced with something like a Green Mountain tapered barrel.
5. Obviously need a Flexible Flyer to get all this stuff from the car to the firing line.

I could just sit back and enjoy what I have. Naw, what's the fun in that?

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:39 pm

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Greener, you have to get a range cart like mine and it is usually fully equipped with the faithful range dog riding shotgun.
Spotting scope is a help, I have one but usually prefer the scope on the gu if it is 16X or more it works pretty well for potting also and besides it is fun to watch the bullet hole appear in the target. I do most of my shooting at 25 yard but today did do a few groups at 50 with Wolf MT in my 10/22 with the GM .920 blued and fluted 20 inch barrel. Your groups are very good for a stock barrel, I have a couple that shoot very well but have not tried them at 50 yard. I have a 10/22 with a GM blued and fluted sporter 20 inch barrel and it shoots just about as good as any .920 barrel You have seen my old range cart but here is a shot of the one I replaced it with last August. Image
Here is a group from my GM blued and fluted 20 inch sporter in the Revolution Trailblazer stock Image and \another with Blazer instead of MT Image
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:30 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Greener, you have to get a range cart like mine and it is usually fully equipped with the faithful range dog riding shotgun.
Spotting scope is a help, I have one but usually prefer the scope on the gu if it is 16X or more it works pretty well for potting also and besides it is fun to watch the bullet hole appear in the target. I do most of my shooting at 25 yard but today did do a few groups at 50 with Wolf MT in my 10/22 with the GM .920 blued and fluted 20 inch barrel. Your groups are very good for a stock barrel, I have a couple that shoot very well but have not tried them at 50 yard. I have a 10/22 with a GM blued and fluted sporter 20 inch barrel and it shoots just about as good as any .920 barrel You have seen my old range cart but here is a shot of the one I replaced it with last August.
I could convert the Tahoe to a BAOM range cart, but I can't drive the cart to the line like you can.

From the targets it looks like the GM fluted Sporter barrel would be a good addition.

3 of my targets were from the .920 target barrel. I think some of the variation is from the sandbag rest.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Like that one but a bit pricey. Would be a reason to dust off the table saw I haven't used in 9 months.

The Amish making gun carts surprises me. Thought they were anti gun. One of my reserve batteries in Indiana bought and restored an late 1800's cannon. They needed a wheel and got one made by an Amish wheel wright. Legend has it that they had to lie to the wheelwright since the Amish don't service weapons.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Bet you could if you put it in 4 wheel low, but that is mostlikely gainst the rules. Yes our rnge is very convenient to use.
GM barrels all seem to shoot well. shot my .920 with some Wolf MT at 50 yards today and this is how it fared.Image

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Not bad

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: Need more stuff and a wagon

Post by ruger22 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:58 pm

greener wrote: So, I figure I need:
1. An adjustable rest like the Caldwell Rock so I won't fight elevation on a 10/22.
2. Spotting scope because I obviously didn't see that i was not on dead center.
3. I could just get better rifle scopes. But a spotting scope would also be nice.
4. Maybe the Ruger standard barrel needs to be replaced with something like a Green Mountain tapered barrel.
5. Obviously need a Flexible Flyer to get all this stuff from the car to the firing line.
And to be "greener" in your bank account, or have a heat-resistant VISA ............ :lol:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:50 pm

ruger22 wrote:
And to be "greener" in your bank account, or have a heat-resistant VISA ............ :lol:
There is that minor detail.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 pm

greener wrote:
ruger22 wrote:
With my wife, it wouldn't be minor........ :lol:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:54 pm

ruger22 wrote:
greener wrote:
ruger22 wrote:
With my wife, it wouldn't be minor........ :lol:
Do as I do. Speak to her with authority in your voice. Put your foot down and tell her you are in charge. Let her know that you make the decisions.

And when you have done this a number of times in a quiet place, try it out when she is present. Me, I'm still perfecting the command voice. Been working on that for 42 years. Gonna get it right one of these days.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Greener you can always do as I do, whimper a lot, it works. And has been for damn close to 54 years now.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:48 pm

She sees through the whine and snivel. Outside the house, I do that very well. Just can't seem to get the technique down at home.

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:01 pm

At first glance, I thought Bear was driving.

Y

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Yleefox wrote:At first glance, I thought Bear was driving.

Y
Probably could do better than me but he can't hold the wheel because like the dog in the doggie treat commercial, Id do it myself but I ain't got thumbs.