A Savage Temptation

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

A Savage Temptation

Post by greener » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Fired a Savage M93 .17 cal today. Wasn't all that interested in .17 cal. Should have stayed away from the silly little rifle. That shoots very accurately. With a great trigger. With a tremendous wooden thumbhole stock. Did I mention a great shooter?

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: A Savage Temptation

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 pm

greener wrote:Fired a Savage M93 .17 cal today. Wasn't all that interested in .17 cal. Should have stayed away from the silly little rifle. That shoots very accurately. With a great trigger. With a tremendous wooden thumbhole stock. Did I mention a great shooter?
I got one of them inn left hand and they are a greaty little shooter allso have it;s bigger brother in 22LR.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:27 pm

It's been over a month now since you have bought a firearm, Mr. Greener, you're due.

bearandoldman

Re: A Savage Temptation

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:07 am

greener wrote:Fired a Savage M93 .17 cal today. Wasn't all that interested in .17 cal. Should have stayed away from the silly little rifle. That shoots very accurately. With a great trigger. With a tremendous wooden thumbhole stock. Did I mention a great shooter?
Buy it, you will like it. Areal fun shooter at 100 yards at half lengths of black board chalk stuck in holes in a 2x4, my record was 9 for 10. Get a cloud of dust when you hut them, cool,

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:07 am

I to shot a friend's a few months back. It had the "twisted sister" SS barrel, a real looker and shooter so I was impressed and ready to buy one but after research I finally opted for the more versatile 22 mag which will be of better use at my farm, plus I have two single sixes that can also shoot the 22 mag caliber. Bottom line, logic won over desire but I still think about twisted sister :oops:
gcp

Courageous we stand!

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:43 am

gcp wrote:I to shot a friend's a few months back. It had the "twisted sister" SS barrel, a real looker and shooter so I was impressed and ready to buy one but after research I finally opted for the more versatile 22 mag which will be of better use at my farm, plus I have two single sixes that can also shoot the 22 mag caliber. Bottom line, logic won over desire but I still think about twisted sister :oops:
that I believe would be the BRJ, I believe. My shooting bud has one. Y I have a pair of the BVLTSS,, one each in .22LR and one in .17HMR