Mark lll 22-45 trigger mods

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Mark lll 22-45 trigger mods

Post by Biggjimm » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 am

I finally got the pre-travel & over-travel set screws in my mark lll trigger. I couldnt find the 4-40 X 3/16 screws anywhere around here. 3 or 4 big box stores & that many or more local hardware stores & nothing. Finally went to a place called Fastenal & they ordered some overnight for me. The only hang up is a had to buy 100 but it was less than six bucks so next time I'll have some. I can't find any nylon bolts to make a bolt buffer for my 10-22 either so I asked them at Fastenal about it & they ordered me a 1/4" piece of nylon round stock 12" long for $1.35. That place can get anything that has anything to do with fasteners of all types & they are reasonable. Anyways, all I've done to my mark lll trigger is polish up the engagement areas & the over & pre travel set screws. I don't really care fore the two stage type of feel of the trigger however, when I take all that extra pre-travel out of it, all you have to do is touch the trigger & the hammer falls. When i get my VQ sear I'm sure it will be even more touchy. If I was the only one shooting it it would be one thing but my daughter & her boyfriend & my wife also shoot it & they are not as experienced as I am & it seems like a safety issue to me to have the trigger set up like that. Is there any trigger/sear set ups that would give a nice even pull with a clean break? I just don't like that pre travel that feels like its free floating & then it stops up against about a four pound break. It breaks clean I just dont like the feel of the set up. Maybe I'm asking for too much. Thanks guys you've all been a real big help so far with this project. Biggjimm.
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.