22-45 accessory rail drill template

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

22-45 accessory rail drill template

Post by Biggjimm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:50 am

I ran acrossed a template that had the dimensions & specs to drill & tap the reciever for a scope mount. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find the same information except for the accessory rail that goes underneath the barrel. I'm thinking of ordering a rail to put a laser sight on. Would Ruger send me a copy of that template if I got the rail from them? Of course I wouldn't use it as a "template" per say, more of a "guide" so I get the holes milled the right depth. Don't want to end up with a reverse compensator if you know what I mean. I've looked for a small weaver style mount that would clamp to the barrel like they have for shotguns but have not had any luck finding one so i guess its drill & tap time. Thanks. Biggjimm.
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 am

It can't hurt to ask them. I have a diagram for drilling and tapping the receiver around here somewhere from them but not the barrel for an accessory rail.

R,
Bullseye

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Biggjimm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Yeah I've seen the reciever one. I'll call & ask ruger about it & if they will send me one I'll send a copy of it to you bullseye so you can post it.
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:27 pm

If they'll send you a template, I'll put it up on the server.

R,
Bullseye