Removing mkIII adjustable sight blade.

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Removing mkIII adjustable sight blade.

Post by Georgezilla » Tue May 01, 2007 3:18 pm

I'd like to change the express sight blade on my Hunter to a more conventional target blade, but I can't seem to find any how to's on removing it. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue May 01, 2007 9:00 pm

George,

You have to unscrew the sight windage adjustment, move it to the right, almost but not all the way out of the sight. Then push the blade over to the left, against the tension spring, tilt and lift. The blade will come right out of the rear sight housing. The windage screw and the tension spring hold the blade captive in the rear sight assy.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye
Last edited by Bullseye on Tue May 01, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Tue May 01, 2007 9:06 pm

Came out just fine :D Thanks.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue May 01, 2007 9:13 pm

You got it out before I could even modify a drawing and post it in my previous message.

Good on you!

Oh Yeah - Welcome to Guntalk-Online!

R,
Bullseye

princi

Post by princi » Thu May 03, 2007 9:57 am

Georgezilla, I'm curious why you wanted to change the sight. The sights on the Hunter are what sold me on buying the two that I have (one is 22/45). I've found that the supplied sights work very well for me, but I must add that I'm 60+

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:46 am

princi wrote:Georgezilla, I'm curious why you wanted to change the sight. The sights on the Hunter are what sold me on buying the two that I have (one is 22/45). I've found that the supplied sights work very well for me, but I must add that I'm 60+
Princi, I'm very sorry I just noticed your question 3 months after you posted it :P

To answer your question I got the Hunter for bullseye shooting. I loved the hiviz front sight, but the rear V-notch is more of a hunting style sight (after all the pistol is called the "Hunter" for a reason), made for fast target acquisition not so much for precision -- don't get me wrong the V-notch can be a precision tool if you know how to use it, which I do not.

But after these 3 months the Ultra-dot Matchdot has converted me to red dots.

Again, sorry for just noticing your post.