DIY Mark III mag safety removal spacer washers

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:07 pm

I welcome all suggestions for this modification, as long as they're safe. There's more than one way to accomplish the same end.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Follow-Up: Went to the range finally, Sunday (4-26). I took the remains of a brick of Remington Golden Bullets, which normally do pretty bad. In nearly 300 rounds, I had 2 FTE and 1 FTF. I think the mods helped!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Also if you don't want to do a washer mod you have this option. There's a guy over on RFC who is making a special Mark III replacement bushing off of my original Magsafe Eliminator design drawing. It replaces the Mark III mag disconnector parts. Look here to see what they look like http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/vie ... =1223#1223 He's selling them for $10 each. That new bushing will eliminate the need for washers, simply take out the old parts and replace them with the new bushing = done. Otherwise you could use the washer mod found in the GTOL workshop forum here: http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=387 Check here http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showth ... p?t=284558 for the special Mark III replacement washer. Here's his email address: sg552-2 at hotmail dot com.

R,
Bullseye

slowhanddd

Post by slowhanddd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks guys for keeping this place up.I had to do a Mark lll for a buddy today.It's been two years since I had done mine and needed the refresher course.Now he wants me to do the grip mod with a set of walnut double diamonds like mine.Thanks again,Slow

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:29 pm

No problem! Welcome to Guntalk-Online!

R,
Bullseye

jd66921

22/45 cross pin removal

Post by jd66921 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi, I did this mod about 5 years ago on a MK III, and I didn't have a problem.

Now, trying to repeat this on a 22/45, I can't get the hammer bushing pin out.
I've hit them pretty hard with a punch too. Being a plastic gun, I'm a little
concerned with breaking the frame.

Is there a particular direction that they should go, or jiggling the things on the
pin that I need to do?? I'm trying to replace the hammer bushing to eliminate
the mag disconnect "feature"....

Seems to me it was easier the last time....

Thanks, Jeff

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:56 am

The 22/45 has the long sear spring leg holding the pin in place. On some Mark III 22/45's the pin has a head on it that prevents the pin from walking to the right of the frame. The head of the pivot pin is not overly large. On the molded grip models of this pistol you have to drift the pin out of the frame to the left side once you unlock it from the sear spring leg.

Notice in this picture that the head is only slightly larger than the diameter of the pin and could be missed by the user.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye