GARAND SCOPE MOUNT

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

GARAND SCOPE MOUNT

Post by jaeger45 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:08 pm

I've tried EBay, Outers and other possible sources but couldn't find any listing for a Garand scope mount.

Can anybody help pls? Doesnt' have to be brand new- so long as it works. .
A bad shot is often caused by a loose nut behind the buttplate

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:30 pm

I had one a couple of years ago I sold on Ebay. It finally went for $100, had I known then that you wanted one Jaeger, I would have sent it to you for nothing. It was made by S&K and was a no-gunsmithing mount that fit into the rear sight groove. Fulton Armory also has them listed for around $100.

You can look at this site. http://www.fulton-armory.com/MParts.htm

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jaeger45 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:56 am

Thanks, Bullseye- Now we're gettin' somewhere!!!

And I've got another goodie for our other readers. I made out this post below before comin' over to the Board immeidately after I made my discovery:

ALWAYS take whatever you read in the Internet with a shaker of salt. (And, to myself: Hah, look who's talkin'!!!...)

I made several queries in EBay and other outfits about the Garand scope mount and kept drawing eggs. Dunno why I didn't do it in the first place, but anyway, I finally went to my old standby, CHEAPERTHANDIRT.COM, and got this response at first try:

Product Description: B-SQUARE M-1 Garand Mnt Blue Easy Install NO Gunsmithing
Catalog Item #: BSQ-18554 Mfg Item #: BSQ18554
Price: $69.97

Tell you more about it later, guys.

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jaeger45 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:20 pm

Just in case another guy like myself find himself thinking about it, I'm giving here the other details about the Garand scope mount that I mentioned in my last post which I found at CHEAPERTHANDIRT.COM:
Product Description: B-SQUARE M-1 Garand Mnt Blue Easy Install NO Gunsmithing
Catalog Item #: BSQ-18554 Mfg Item #: BSQ18554

Value:
$104.95

Our Low Price:
$69.97

Your Savings:

$34.98 (33.33%)

Attaches to rear sight brackets and clamps on to the receiver's left side at forward end. Offset to the left to allow loading. Elevation adjustment so any scope can be used. Include 1" rings. Will not work on the M1A M14 .There is no peep sight on this mount. All B-Square products have a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. B-Square Company Inc. P.O. Box 11281 2708 St. Louis Ave. Fort Worth, Texas 76110 800-433-2909 www.b-square.com

(Note: Sorry I couldn't make the picture of the mount come up, but it looks basically the same as in Bullseye's post.)