New squirrel gun any suggestions?

The place to discuss all aspects of shotgun shooting.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Akkar

New squirrel gun any suggestions?

Postby Akkar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:18 pm

I need a new squirrel gun, and I only hunt squirrels with shotguns since its REALLY cheap to hunt them with and its alot easier to hit them in thier enviroments any suggestions... No .410s I had to many bush tails carry a full load from a .410
AMURICA **** YEAH!!

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby blue68f100 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:56 pm

My dad uses a 20 ga due to retna degeneration. Use #6 shot, heavy field (high brass) and penetration want be a problem. I've seen many time where bird loads just bounce off. I use a 22 most of the time, rifle or pistol. I reload all the shells my dad uses, have been for decades.

A 410 will work just fine with the right load, just need to be a little more precise with your shot.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Akkar

Postby Akkar » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:57 pm

Ive shot them with a 410 where they are 15-20 feet away and flat against the tree.. and they ran off. I don't think its a bad round at all I just had bad experiences with it.I have a 20 gauge Right now but I am kinda disapointed with the pattern and spread, It seems more of a home defense shotgun than a hunting gun
AMURICA **** YEAH!!

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Postby blue68f100 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 pm

David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips

Custom Built 1911

Akkar

Postby Akkar » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:17 pm

AMURICA **** YEAH!!

Return to “Shotgun Forum”