Shotguns & RC Planes

The place to discuss all aspects of shotgun shooting.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 pm

Hak, back in my youth we flew rudder only single channel R/C plane. Rudder only alternating commands push and get left, next push gets right. When they got off a distance you can not tell if the are going away or coming in, and in those days you could lose contact easily. Now at least you can make it turn and see which way it is traveling.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:35 pm

OM, I did use to fly the planes on a wire, where you go around in circles. My dad told me that he used to have little gas engine planes that you set up the ailerons, rudder, and then just flung it up in the air and hoped it flew.
Haka

ps....The weather down here in N. Detroit is going to be in the mid 60's with sunshine. How's it gonna be up there?

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:49 pm

Hakaman wrote:OM, I did use to fly the planes on a wire, where you go around in circles. My dad told me that he used to have little gas engine planes that you set up the ailerons, rudder, and then just flung it up in the air and hoped it flew.
Haka

ps....The weather down here in N. Detroit is going to be in the mid 60's with sunshine. How's it gonna be up there?
What you been smoking, boy?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:30 pm

What you been smoking, boy?
I didn't give a date as to when it would be that temperature, but I try to see the glass "half full" ! :P
Haka

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Hak

We could combine your experience with R/C planes to develop the target and Georgezilla's experience with model rockets to shoot them down. Now all we need is for someone with rocket guidance system experience and we're ready to Rock and Roll. hahaha. All kidding aside, that jet plane was incredible.

Y